Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: IS THE 2011 FLHXSE2 A LEMON?  (Read 3991 times)

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
Re: IS THE 2011 FLHXSE2 A LEMON?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »

I've got 6,500 miles on mine now and everything is a-ok! (I did have some kind of leak the first 1,000 miles, and had to replace the speaker grill due to fading at 4,500) I love the way it rides. Am getting about 44-46/miles/gallon. The heat has been kind of an issue, but with the bat wing deflectors open facing the engine, it is tolerable.

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »

Man I almost did not reply, don't want to jinx myself. Sorry to hear about your problems. I had a stuck throttle at 100 miles and a loose wire connector to the starter at the same time, both fixed in a hour at the dealership for free. Very minor. No other problems. I got 3,500 miles so far so good.

GBeck

• CW5, US Army, 24 years and counting...

• CVO1: 2008 SE Dyna
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Street Glide
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 09:51:56 AM »

I had the stuck throttle (binding grip) early on and at 3500 miles the right rear light went out.  Dealer told me the wiring harness for the right side lights were INCORRECTLY pinned (blue and black reversed).  Pins swapped (now right front marker/turn light works) but rear right on order.  No word on when it will be in.  Hydraulics are fine.

Man I almost did not reply, don't want to jinx myself. Sorry to hear about your problems. I had a stuck throttle at 100 miles and a loose wire connector to the starter at the same time, both fixed in a hour at the dealership for free. Very minor. No other problems. I got 3,500 miles so far so good.
"Without the possibility of death adventure is not possible." - Reinhold Messner

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 08:15:34 AM »

I read a lot of bad things about Harley Davidson on this forum. That's pretty common though because something like 90% of customer feedback is related to problems and customers never seem to provide feedback when things are good. I'm almost wondering if those dissapointed Harely customers are considering an alternate brand. Prior to owning a Harley I have owned 2 Yamaha street bikes and had no problems. 

When I decided to buy my first Harley I was a little concerned but I have to say that the two that I've owned and the ones my friends have owned over the years don't seem to have any issues at all. My brothers 2004 Deuce has over 90,000 miles on it and the only thing he has done to it was put on a S & S carb and a sets of cams in it to make it go faster and sound cooler. I also have another friend with a stock mid 90's dresser with over 150,000 miles. His only problem was that he broke a drive belt last summer.

I could not be happier with my 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide. All of the electronics and mechanicals work flawlessly although I will say I am not a fan of throttle by wire. I'm sure it is way more responsive than a cable but give a certain "feel" that gets lost with the wire.

Other than that it's been a great motorcycle so far.

I'd like to hear some feedback from Harley owners that have had positive experiences.

Good luck to those who have had bad experiences with Harley Davidson.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »

I read a lot of bad things about Harley Davidson on this forum. That's pretty common though because something like 90% of customer feedback is related to problems and customers never seem to provide feedback when things are good. I'm almost wondering if those dissapointed Harely customers are considering an alternate brand. Prior to owning a Harley I have owned 2 Yamaha street bikes and had no problems. 

When I decided to buy my first Harley I was a little concerned but I have to say that the two that I've owned and the ones my friends have owned over the years don't seem to have any issues at all. My brothers 2004 Deuce has over 90,000 miles on it and the only thing he has done to it was put on a S & S carb and a sets of cams in it to make it go faster and sound cooler. I also have another friend with a stock mid 90's dresser with over 150,000 miles. His only problem was that he broke a drive belt last summer.

I could not be happier with my 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide. All of the electronics and mechanicals work flawlessly although I will say I am not a fan of throttle by wire. I'm sure it is way more responsive than a cable but give a certain "feel" that gets lost with the wire.

Other than that it's been a great motorcycle so far.

I'd like to hear some feedback from Harley owners that have had positive experiences.

Good luck to those who have had bad experiences with Harley Davidson.

You're correct.....very few post to say how happy they are while most will post to point out any issues they may have.  However, there's a thread on this board someplace where a large majority said that they'd do it again and overall, are happy with their bike(s). :2vrolijk_21:  Click on this link and then post your view......  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=48337.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »

WillyB

I feel the same way I love my 2011 SESG.  The throttle by wire was kinda wierd (Im on my 3rd TBW SG) but after I  installed a TTS Mastertune and had the bike dyno tuned all the issues with the throttle by wire are gone!  Removing the (cat) headpipe adding a tuner and having it tuned were the best mods I have done, the bike is a real pleasure to ride. 
Some/most of the posts are from guys and gals that are very very particular about thier rdes, myself included.  IMHO I dont think the majority of us even consider the CVOs to be lemons, we just like to "read our talk" and try to help the family out.   Im just saying!!

Wayne

jcd520

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »

The TTS tuner makes the Throttle by wire true 1 to 1 . In other words when you ask for a 1/4 throttle thats what you get. The way they come from the factory you never know what you will get. I have ridden some that were super sensitive and some that weren't . I talked with Steve at Fullsac a long time about this when I got my bike . Those tuners are awsome.

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

1500 miles and no problems here... :orange: :apple: :pineapple: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.