Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Rush Mufflers  (Read 5407 times)

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Rush Mufflers
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 11:03:42 PM »

with the 1.75, i would monitor pinging.

One thing I don't have is pinging!   :2vrolijk_21:

The Ness BS gives this little stock motor all the air it needs, and with the latest SERT map along with the CLB Tables maxxed out, there's no decel popping or ill running whatsoever.  The top end is a little soft........needs a bit more fuel.........a few spring time data recordings will take care of that.

I'm truly surprised how well this '07 Ultra with Stage 1 responded to one of the canned maps!

And she's getting ~45mpg at Interstate speeds!

:drink:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Nitrobrother

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Yellow
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »

I know this is an ungodly old thread, but I just bought an '09 SERG with Rush mufflers and they are WAY too quiet!  It almost sounds "stock" or - shudder, dare I say it - "metric".  Is there a semi-easy way to determine what baffles I may have?  How difficult is it to swap them out.  Or should I just get some 4" Rineharts and be done with it? :)
Current:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide - Yellow
Previous bikes:
2008 Street Glide - Black Pearl
2005 Softail Deluxe - Blue/White
2004 Road Glide - Smokey Gold
2003 Road Glide - Anniversary
(kids - 20+ bike-less years)
1981 Yamaha Seca 650 - what a great bike

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »

Not sure if the Rush baffles are replaceable or not......might take a call to Rush to confirm.

A kid up the street installed a set of Rinehart 4" slip-ons on his Stage 1 '11 Streetglide, and it sure sounds sweet!  Those would be my choice; especially if the Rush baffles are not swappable.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »

The Rush baffles are replaceable, but it may take a little effort to break them loose if they've been in there awhile.  Look at the bottom of the outside of the muffler at the rear and you should find a screw or bolt that locks the baffle to the outer shell.  Remove the bolt.  Grip the crossbar at the end of the baffle with pliers and try to twist and pull.  You may need to soak the parts with penetrating oil for awhile, and it will probably be easier to break the baffles loose if you do it with the parts hot, not cold.  If all else fails, remove the mufflers so you can use a wood dowel to drive the baffle out from the other end.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:33 AM »

I know this is an ungodly old thread, but I just bought an '09 SERG with Rush mufflers and they are WAY too quiet!  It almost sounds "stock" or - shudder, dare I say it - "metric".  Is there a semi-easy way to determine what baffles I may have?  How difficult is it to swap them out.  Or should I just get some 4" Rineharts and be done with it? :)

You need a set of BUB Boom Cans!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: http://www.bubent.com/Harley_Davidson_FL_Touring_Models.cfm?pa=detail&zsb=0&pn=D5%2D1002C
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.