Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Decibel Meters Hand Held  (Read 3462 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Decibel Meters Hand Held
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

You must be an old fart activist if you remember Dick Floyd.  Fortunately he died last year.  Many of the so called activist in CA don't know who Dick Floyd was.  In his capitol office he had a multitude of cartoon characterizations of bikers...obviously making the biker look moronic.  He hated motorcyclist...that he why he pushed the.  He simply made up facts.  There was/is a news broadcast done by Laos Angeles channel 7 news. they actual found the truth and exposed all of the lies..even before Gov Wilson signed the bill. the broadcast is poor quality. and for those of you who have a little bit of patience...it is about 10 minutes. note the comments by the emergency room doctors "I don't know why they passed a helmet law; most motorcycle deaths are due to chest trauma. only 4% of motorcycle deaths are related to head trauma".  Now EVERY TIME a motorcyclist is killed it is due to head trauma..feel manipulated?  I will try to post the link.  
CA Helmet Law Broadcast 1992

Face used to live here in Sacramento and was around back in the day.

Dick Floyd actually had the nerve to show up at the bar on Auburn Blvd. where we were having ABATE meetings back then.  Arrogant and pompous azz.  Not my political opinion.....just fact!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 11:13:16 AM »

You must be an old fart activist if you remember Dick Floyd.  Fortunately he died last year.  Many of the so called activist in CA don't know who Dick Floyd was.  In his capitol office he had a multitude of cartoon characterizations of bikers...obviously making the biker look moronic.  He hated motorcyclist...that he why he pushed the.  He simply made up facts.  There was/is a news broadcast done by Laos Angeles channel 7 news. they actual found the truth and exposed all of the lies..even before Gov Wilson signed the bill. the broadcast is poor quality. and for those of you who have a little bit of patience...it is about 10 minutes. note the comments by the emergency room doctors "I don't know why they passed a helmet law; most motorcycle deaths are due to chest trauma. only 4% of motorcycle deaths are related to head trauma".  Now EVERY TIME a motorcyclist is killed it is due to head trauma..feel manipulated?  I will try to post the link.  

Yes! Sacramento resident 78 -82 & 89 to 99.

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 11:30:06 AM »

...he also refused to wear a seat belt, and smoked cigars in his capital office. Dick's other big bill besides the helmet law was to ban professional wrestling from television. Doc

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

...he also refused to wear a seat belt, and smoked cigars in his capital office. Dick's other big bill besides the helmet law was to ban professional wrestling from television. Doc

I used to have a bumper sticker on my pickup that read: "DICK FLOYD IS ONE"

Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »

Is this a warning for me in Elk Grove.....whaz up? :nixweiss:

I'd think any reading on the side of the road wouldn't stand up in court.  You can't control the environment or ambient noise on the side of the road. :nixweiss:

Username of McBolt.......are you a member of BOLT?  Not that it's relevant to anything.....just curious. :nixweiss:

If I have been reading the Maine Revides Nois Law correctly, a LEO issues you a summons. It is then up to you to go to and authroized Inspection Station with a Meter. The test is conducted there, not alongside the road.

As and aside, I have been at Red lights with LEOs in the next lane with windows open and ridden through narrow streets with high buildsing meeting LEOs coming from oposite direction. My SE Touring Ex has never raised their eyebrows.

DR
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' EagleĀ® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »

If I have been reading the Maine Revides Nois Law correctly, a LEO issues you a summons. It is then up to you to go to and authroized Inspection Station with a Meter. The test is conducted there, not alongside the road.

As and aside, I have been at Red lights with LEOs in the next lane with windows open and ridden through narrow streets with high buildsing meeting LEOs coming from oposite direction. My SE Touring Ex has never raised their eyebrows.

DR

To my knowledge, California doesn't have noise inspection stations.  Neither do they have "Official Headlamp Inspection Station" or "Official Brake Inspection Station" like Utah and some other states have.   But we do have "Official SMOG Inspection Station"!  Of course smog is more important in Calif than brakes or lights. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.