Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Another Fuel Mileage Question...  (Read 2747 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: Another Fuel Mileage Question...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:32:19 AM »

Chuck Pryor, regarding miles remaining: When I fill up I set my trip meter to 0. If I check the remaining miles on a full tank it shows about 220 (freeway driving). However I usually have a passenger and lots of luggage(09SEUC), so by the time 150-180 Miles goes by my wife wants to stretch. I usually can go past 180 miles before the "remaining fuel and the gas logo" show. However I have noticed that the amount of miles remaining changes quite rapidly after the  odometer switches to remaining fuel so I usually fill up before that and stretch,etc. On one occassion I was on my way home from a trip and the remaining miles came on saying I had only about 33 miles left which was no big deal because I was coming up on several gas stations, however when I filled up the bike took slightly less than 5 gallons.(that is on the kick stand on a level surface). So I figure when it comes on I can probably go another 45 miles.I think the remaining miles indicator is more likely to get you caught running out of gas than just stoping to fill at about 180 miles.To each his own, but I don't like to cut it that close so that is why I think(MHO) that going by trip meter is safer way to guarantee you won't be stranded. Closest I ever came was coming thru Nevada on my 95 Heritage a few years ago. It has a 5.2 gallon tank and it took 5 gallons to fill. Just my 2 cents and 3 beers.CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.