Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Trailer Floor and ramp.  (Read 4527 times)

HDOrange

• 2012 SECU7
Re: Trailer Floor and ramp.
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »

I don't have any pictures because I've sold the trailer, however I was in the same situation that you are in and I remembered that when I was in the Coast Guard many years ago that we used to non-skid the ship decks ourselves. All I did was put down some good durable paint on the floor in about two to three foot increments and spread some sand over the wet paint. The next day I gently swept off the remaining sand and then repeated the process one more time. Never had any problems, and it is relatively enexpensive and very durable. And not slippery when wet. I've also used this on my Grandmothers steps. Oh yeah I also had to renforce the floor with 3/4 inch plywood because most use 1/4 to 3/8 inch plywood, I could feel every floor rib as I rode over with my bike (a very uneasy feeling).
Mike

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »

Thanks for the pics Porthole, it looks sweet!  I am kind of leaning towards Herculiner do-it-yourself to save a few bucks.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »

Thanks for the pics Porthole, it looks sweet!  I am kind of leaning towards Herculiner do-it-yourself to save a few bucks.

Just check the prep work. Apparently with wood it is more involved - and you want it to last.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:54:00 AM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 02:37:14 PM »

I used Rustoleum Professional Epoxy Shield 2 part epoxy.  I did a google search and it had some good reviews and it worked great.  It is not just for concrete.  I put on 2 coats and it still looks new.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 02:48:26 PM »

Thanks for the pics Porthole, it looks sweet!  I am kind of leaning towards Herculiner do-it-yourself to save a few bucks.

WOW Fred786  :o. Is your MC the new 2013 Ultra  :nixweiss:  Beautiful color  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »

I did the Herculiner in my 7x14 that does double duty as it hauls the family dirt bikes as well. After 1-1/2 years looks like new!! I would suggest using a cartridge respirator as the smell gets bad even open outdoors!

2timen

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXR2 Stone Cold Blue
    • CVO2: FXR3 Blue Flame
    • CVO3: FXR4 Yellow Pearl
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »

You might want to paint the walls white or a light color. Doesn't chit and makes a wourld of differance in lighting.
99 FXR2
99 FXR3
00 FXR4
01 FXDWG2
03 FLSTCI
04 FLSTCI
04 FXST
12 FLTRXSE
09 Roush 427R
15 FLHXSE

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:11 AM »

LovemyCVOgirl.  Its actually a brand new 2010!  Sat in local dealer showroom for 2yrs.  I couldnt stand to see it sit there any longer and brought her home this spring after trading in my 08 Anniversary Ultra on her.  I cannot believe the difference in ride et al over the 08.  She's a keeper and thus the reason for a new trailer so I can take her to Florida this winter.  Already have an appointment in Feburary 13 with Doc to get Fulsac X pipe, 2.0 baffles, heavy breather etc.  Buddy of mine does photography as hobby and did some shots of her.

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »

LovemyCVOgirl.  Its actually a brand new 2010!  Sat in local dealer showroom for 2yrs.  I couldnt stand to see it sit there any longer and brought her home this spring after trading in my 08 Anniversary Ultra on her.  I cannot believe the difference in ride et al over the 08.  She's a keeper and thus the reason for a new trailer so I can take her to Florida this winter.  Already have an appointment in Feburary 13 with Doc to get Fulsac X pipe, 2.0 baffles, heavy breather etc.  Buddy of mine does photography as hobby and did some shots of her.

Well I must say that this is my favorite color  :2vrolijk_21:  If I would have seen it sitting, I would have brought it home too.  :P. I hope you got a really good deal.  The picture's are outstanding!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »

The line-x and other truck bed liners are very hard to clean inside a trailer. You can not get in there  with a hose or pressure washer and wash them out without getting the walls wet and if you have white vinyl walls that will not work, also water gets trapped in small places and rust is a problem. The rubber nickel looking floor is nice, mops out and cleans up looking like new, my current one has polished treadplate floor, looks great, cleans easy but is slippery when wet.
Hint here, nothing you can put in it will be any cheaper and easier than just ordering the trailer like you want it, all the factories install whatever you want and usually it is very cheap. I bought my first Pace and put checker-board vinyl in it. First of all the trailers are not square so I had to make a template of stiff paper and transfer onto the vinyl so it would align with the walls, then by the time you buy the vinyl and then the adhesive and the correct toothed trile and set all the screws to level or below that the factory didn't finish screwing down,  it is cheaper to have factory install it. I have had my last two done by  the factory and it is much easier and no more expensive.
But the main thing is buy a Condor or similar and life is so much easier, just ride in and get off then tie down, no stress and no tip-overs when tieing down or releasing.

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »

Thanks for you comments COR.  Very much appreciated.  Decisions, decisions, decisions!  Legend does offer the white/black checker board or the gray in the area of $600.00.

LovemyCVOgirl

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

Have a new Legend Low Rider on order and the floor and ramp are coming with only wood floor because I did not know what I wanted on it if anything.  Walls and ceiling will be white vinyl.  Local trailer dealer suggested having the floor and ramp sprayed with a product such as Line X prior to installing chock, etc.  Stated it was nonslip and durable.  Has anyone else used this type of product for their floor and ramp?

Does this trailer set low enough to back into a regular height garage stall?

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »

Mine will fit into a standard 7ft door opening.  I had to custom order with a $250.00 fee to have it cut to the 81 inches required to get into the opening and still keep the 15" tires and rims.  I want to be able to back it into the garage to work on it, clean it etc.  Length is not an issue.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 11:56:10 AM »

The line-x and other truck bed liners are very hard to clean inside a trailer. You can not get in there  with a hose or pressure washer and wash them out without getting the walls wet and if you have white vinyl walls that will not work, also water gets trapped in small places and rust is a problem.

That is why mine was sprayed all at once, floor and 18" of the walls.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »

Haulmark, Featherlite and before they went south, Pace all offer a motorcycle grade trailer that is called a Lo-Hauler or something similiar. I have had several and none of them cost me extra because they were purpose built low enough to go into a standard garage door opening. Currently the Haulmark is probably one of the easiest to deal with, they have a great warranty, they have made it thru the economy situation without going under (like Pace) and they will build in whatever you want from the start, you just need a good dealer to help you. They do charge extra for factory pick-up but normally this will save you still vs freight and you can look it over before it leaves the factory. Factories are located all across the country as well.
Some suggestions. If you order one get the seamless/screwless outer skin and have them run it front to rear vs the normal top to bottom. Stuff is about 48" wide and even a screwless trailer will have a seam every four feet when skin runs vertical and if run front to back - completely smooth. Order the polished or alum treadplate on lower section all the way around the trailer, it looks cool and does not chip from stuff being kicked up like the painted surfaces. Get white vinyl or alum on interior walls and ceiling, you will love it first dark night with only 2 1156 bulbs for lighting when you are trying to load/tie down. Not sure current cost but white vinyl interior was $11/foot in 2010. So ten foot trailer = $111.00 = cheap!
Soon as you get it home, wait until after dark, turn on interior lights of the trailer and close all the doors then get under the trailer and caulk, with black urethane caulk everywhere you can see light coming thru. You will be suprised.
If you want fixtures, paper towel roller, handcleaner wax shelf that won't spill, umbrella holder or whatever go with PitPal brand, Stuff is impossible to beat, will last lifetime. Summitt, Amazon etc or direct from company (Amazon no shipping or tax).
JMHO.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.