Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Installed CFRs, love 'em!  (Read 4123 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Installed CFRs, love 'em!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 12:30:11 PM »

The more you ride it and break it in the cooler it runs. 110 motors just put out heat. Its not a 88. It will calm down with the intake opened up and the exaust opened up and a good tune even on a stock header pipe. I know this because it gets hotter than hell here in Arizona in the summer!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:35:11 PM by DESERTBEAR54 »
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 02:23:42 PM »

I added a set of CFR's just this past week and love the look. However, based on all the post and the input I received from other CVO riders, a little disappointed in the volume of sound. To date, I am not sure they are sounding much diffrent than the stock slip-ons. Since my previous bike ran VH shotguns i guess I am not comparing apples to apples. any suggestions would be nice.

Ray
2012 CVO SG

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »

I added a set of CFR's just this past week and love the look. However, based on all the post and the input I received from other CVO riders, a little disappointed in the volume of sound. To date, I am not sure they are sounding much diffrent than the stock slip-ons. Since my previous bike ran VH shotguns i guess I am not comparing apples to apples. any suggestions would be nice.

Ray
2012 CVO SG
I've only seen and heard one 110" CVO Street Glide with the CFR's and they had a "ton" of sound. Earth trembling deepness at idle and prostreet racer hard on throttle! I don't remember which head pipe he was running but it was not the stock one with the cat in it.

I'm assuming you're running the stock header?

I'm running V & H True Duals with Hi-Output slipons that are pretty darn loud and this bike had mine beat. But the sound was Barry White deeeeeeeeeep.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »

I have the stock header on my 10 SEUC and the CFR's are loud and deep??? My wife has them on her 09 Street Glide with stock head pipe and they are loud and deep??? I had always run Reinharts but the CFR's blew them away!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

patrikr

• CVO1: '12 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 06:41:38 PM »

Hands down, best sounding muffler out there.  Lots of us stayed away from those because of the tuning issues.  We will be waiting to hear your results?  Are you using TTS Mastertune? and which head pipes are you planning to go with?

I'm using a Power Vision that I bought from FuelMoto and I'll get the 2-1-2 head pipe from them as well. I've heard great things about Fullsac and was thinking about getting their setup but it seems like the majority of people on this board have that setup so I wanted something different :)

I asked Jamie@FuelMoto if they had ever tuned the new CFR mufflers with their head pipe but they haven't so will have to get it professionally tuned.

patrikr

• CVO1: '12 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »

Ray
2012 CVO SG

Sounds weird, mine is definitely louder than stock. Where I couldn't hear the engine going 80 I can now hear it fine without being annoying. Definitely not as loud as some people say they are, just right in my opinion.

AZMike

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra - Rio Red
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »

I installed the CFR's, along with a new S&S head pipe and HD Supertuner on my 2011 SERG about a month ago and have been extremely happy with this setup. I think they are the best sounding pipes out there so I did it mainly for the sound but I swapped out the headpipe strictly to alleviate the heat problem. Between the catalytic converter and the fact that the stock tune on these bikes is so lean, I got tired of having to stick my leg straight out to the side every few minutes if the temperature was above 80 and I was going less than 30MPH. I can say first hand that there is a very noticeable reduction in the amount of heat I can feel on my right leg. Between that and the increase in the 'seat of the pants' performance, the bike is even more enjoyable to ride now.

I friend of mine has the exact same pipes on his 2011 SESG but is utilizing the stock head pipe with the cat and I can tell you that even though both bikes have that great LOW DEEP sound, his is definitely quieter than mine. So if you're looking for max volume with these pipes, replace the head pipe.

As for the tuning problems, I purchased my pipes directly from the CFR factory here in Phoenix and talked to Cary (the CF in CFR) for about 30 minutes when I picked them up. I mentioned to him that I too had heard that his pipes were difficult to tune (which he obviously has also heard) but he more or less said that if someone knows what they are doing, it shouldn't be a problem to tune them correctly. He recommended a shop out here (TRASK Performance) and that is where I had them installed. They did the complete installation of all the components and dyno tuned it. The bike runs great and I get no popping or backfiring while decelerating.

I just did a 250 mile ride on Saturday and while my ears were ringing a little by the time I got home and I had to turn the radio up a little higher, I'm still extremely happy with this setup.

sprung09

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »

What does  cfr stand for?

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »

Cary Faas Racing
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

denis

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2114 cvo ultra blue
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »

heard some cfr on a 2012 cvo inside the hd dealer love the sound i want to keep the bike stock and wounder how it wold run and did u get the pipes on line for price

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 08:05:48 PM »

Runs great and sounds even better.

denis

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »

does the bike run good with just the cfr slipon are u running with stock headpipe and no tuner?

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

Yes, the bike runs great and to date I have only added the slipons. I may add a V&H true dual set once I get a few more miles on my bike.

Enjoy.

denis

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:13:28 PM »

got my cfrs yesterday put them on my 2012 cvoultra sound good but have to try them out on road doing about 80mph see how the radio is and if my wife is ok on the back with the sound louder then i though :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.