Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Installed CFRs, love 'em!  (Read 4127 times)

patrikr

• CVO1: '12 FLHXSE3 Dark Slate
Installed CFRs, love 'em!
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:15:10 PM »

My CFRs came in yesterday, put them on this morning. LOVE the sound. Definitely not too loud. In fact, I thought they'd be much louder based on posts I had read here and seeing the pipes as there's no baffle what so ever. I am running stock headpipes so maybe that makes them less loud. Awesome at idle, deep throaty sound when accelerating and subtle at highway speeds. And no problem hearing the stereo either. All-in-all, couldn't be happier! Attached some pics.

Package:

CFR slip-on. No baffle, you can see straight through:

Just installed, no saddlebags:

CFRs on the bike:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:05:09 PM by Fired00d »

glens

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Installed CFRs, love 'em!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »

I am running stock headpipes so maybe that makes them less loud.

Yeah, that'd be a very large factor indeed.  The cat attenuates sound a helluva lot.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »

A nice new catless headpipe will really wake things up......

rrussow

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

Awesome, I love my CFR's as well.  I have stock head pipes also but thinking of going catless before summer to reduce some heat.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »

Did they come with torque cones ? I have read they now have them installed from the factory.

patrikr

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 08:07:10 PM »

Did they come with torque cones ? I have read they now have them installed from the factory.

No, they didn't.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »

When you get rid of the cat you may want to pop for a set then. Supposedly need that inrease in backpressure to get a good tune easily.   Beautiful bike that's the one I'M drooling over these days.   Congrats

patrikr

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

When you get rid of the cat you may want to pop for a set then. Supposedly need that inrease in backpressure to get a good tune easily.   Beautiful bike that's the one I'M drooling over these days.   Congrats

That's what I've heard too, not enough backpressure with these mufflers. Thanks Bubble, appreciate it! Still breaking her in, can't wait to get on the throttle for real! :)

patrikr

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

Looking some more into this. They definitely don't have a torque cone but I assume they have the new baffle design which makes them easier to tune. That's more based on other posts I've read as I never saw what the old baffle design looked like. Will most likely get the FuelMoto 2-1-2 headpipe and then have it dyno tuned so I guess I'll find out soon enough how easy/hard they are to tune  8)

whozathd

• 2019 CVO RoadGlide
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »

Hey I'm planning to get this exact setup.. did you ever get the torque cones and have it dyno'd?  if so. what are the results?   Would be very intereted in knowing?   Thanks Wes 
2019 CVO Road Glide with Kerker Slip on, can still hear the Radio!

patrikr

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »

Still waiting to get the headpipes so haven't had it dyno'd or professionally tuned yet. Really happy with how it performs so far and new headpipes will make it even better (and reduce the damn heat hitting my right foot/leg).

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:16:37 AM »

Looks good Brother.
DND

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »

Hands down, best sounding muffler out there.  Lots of us stayed away from those because of the tuning issues.  We will be waiting to hear your results?  Are you using TTS Mastertune? and which head pipes are you planning to go with?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »

I have been running CFR's on BLUU my 2010 SEUC and I still have the stock head pipes and a SERT. I have had the best tune since new and have no heat issues. I have no torque cones either. I have only opened up my intake and exaust and kept everything else stock. It makes things allot easier on warranty issues with Mother Harley. That is why I have had 2 motors replaced one for the crank issues and the second one for excessive carbon buildup in the heads because of piston issues.  Today BLUU runs like a fine tuned sewing machine!! The sound of the CFR's are awesome!! 6 of the riders I ride with all run CFRs and none of us have tunning issues. We kept the bikes stock.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »

Still waiting to get the headpipes so haven't had it dyno'd or professionally tuned yet. Really happy with how it performs so far and new headpipes will make it even better (and reduce the damn heat hitting my right foot/leg).
patriker, I just finished my install on my UC with the Fullsac Stage 1 and TTS tuner and even though I have read that it runs cooler and in degrees it might be, but i can't tell on my right foot/leg. I don't know what else anyone can do to an HD beside liquid cooling that will ever elimintate or drastically reduce that area of heat. I just right it off to being part of the HD charateristics...Nice machine!
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.