Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac 2.25 CVO core VS 2.25 power cores SD  (Read 11051 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Fullsac 2.25 CVO core VS 2.25 power cores SD
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:00:24 PM »

Hog Mike

I ran the 2.25 he had in 09 on my 09 CVO Road Glide, with the factory head pipe cut, cat totally removed and welded back together.  I also used the TTS.

I liked them a lot, but was looking for something a little deeper sound with out loosing power or back pressure.  I loved the sound of the V&H monster rounds along with the looks, however I lost a few foot pounds of torque, down low.  Not worth the deeper sound or look to me, switched it back to the 2.25.

On the 12 CVO Road Glide I am running Fuel Moto head pipe and the Jackpot pro tour mufflers and TTS tuner.  Power is about the same as I had with the 09 and fullsac set up, and the fullsac set up was way less money.  The sound is good, but not that much better than the fullsac sound.

So I was wondering if the only change between the 2.25 fullcac cores and the 2.25 fullsac SD cores was sound.  I know I am doing a Fullsac head pipe on the 13 CVO Road King and the TTS tuner.

I am trying to decide between the 2.25 cores and the 2.25 SD cores or Rineheart 4 inch slip ons.

I am thinking about doing a cam, 10.5 pistons, a little porting, on the 13.  So I do not want anything that will loose torque or HP.  It can be louder than the 2.25 were on the 09, as it will not be my long haul bike, 300 mile days or so at most, un like the road glide I do 600 or 700 mile days on.

FYI:
I went with true duals on my 113. Has cam, compression, nice heads etc etc.
I kept the Fullsac 2" cores on the cvo mufflers ( I like that look on that bike) and it's actually pretty quiet until I twist the grip. The larger cores were not available at the time I did this, and I hesitate to change ANYTHING on that bike just because it runs so well. It's a sort of street glide with big stereo and I can hear tunes at freeway speeds just cruising. Just my "around town bike",
my 2010 has the 1 3/4 cores because we like QUIET on the long hauls. There is some power to be had on that bike, but, it's a trade off for the QUIET my wife likes.
I'm not chasing dyno numbers, I just want a well-mannered bike with plenty of passing power (and pulling my trailer sometimes). ALL my bikes are set up to do this and not attract the local cops.
JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:48 PM »

just got the 2.25 fullsac SD in the mail...here's what they look like
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »

before and after videos coming soon!!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:54:24 PM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »

2.25 SD fullsac cores are installed....cool kit only takes about an hour!
videos coming soon of before and after for those interested in the 2.25 SD
going to put these bad boys on now...have to say the CVO stock cores ...suck!!
the fullsac's are much better quality
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »

here's the video! I used a gopro so sounds not that great not even sure you can tell the differance ...but I can tell you great sound...engine heat is much better and even better performance with just cores!!(even with cats still in)...my bike just wants to go...have you guys looked at the stock cvo cores? the damn things have a plug at the end talk about restrictive!!
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2012, 12:55:39 PM »

installed the 2.25 SD fullsac cores in my 2012 cvo road glide...I love them!! great product - great quality....so I’ve taken the bike out for two rides so far. Here’s some feedback on the fullsacs
Great sound when you get on it.. Nice idle sound but not too loud not to soft seems somewhere in the middle. Much better than the stock cores (with the stock cvo cores with that plug at the end, very restrictive)
So what I have seen so far from the fullsac cores is
Reduced heat from engine
Better throttle response
...Much better then stock sound - not too loud!! you can still hear the radio just fine
It seems to want to get up and go a little more (not stuffed up)
Not bad for having the cats still in.
Best of all – looks stock and still has the EPA stamp on the mufflers !!
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »

so just a heads up...I was at a harley open house yesterday....tons of people with rinehart slip ons....the people that just had slip ons with stock headers (cats in) didn't sound as loud or as good as the 2.25 SD power cores!!! nice job fullsac!!!
I have stock headers with cat still in...with the 2.25 SD - louder (just a little) then a rinehart and for way less! lots of people had rineharts there....from start up to idle to throttle and take off ...fullsac had a better quality sound
and I was a rinehart guy!!

as for the guys with headers (no cats) and rineharts that's a different story!! :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:29:14 PM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.