Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heat Imagination with 4" Rhineharts and FulSac?  (Read 3587 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Heat Imagination with 4" Rhineharts and FulSac?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »

Steve, I was in no way meaning my post to be a "kick in the nuts" at all.  I believe that my issue has everything to do with atmosphere here compared to where you built the tune which is no fault of yours at all.  As everyone knows every bike runs different and a tune developed for one bike may not work so well on a different bike all the way across the country, and to say it would is injustice to the consumer.  I was in no way trolling to deface your product, but simply responding to another user who is experiencing the same problem that I had.  In no way was that intended to be hostile.  I to this day still recommend your set up to everyone who asks me what I recommend.  I think you sell a great product at an amazing price and I'd without question use your products again.  I don't have the calc number off hand but I'd gladly post it up tonight if you're wanting to know.

A good way to eliminate decel pop is to richen up the main lambda table in the leftmost (15%) column by about 10%, maybe more if needed, in the cells for the RPM range in which the decel pop is occurring. This puts enough gas in decel mode to prevent exhaust gas ignition in the pipe(s). With the Drago's S/C/S-4, I had to richen up my main lambda table by 15% from 1750 to 3500 RPM to eliminate the decel popping everywhere, since it scavenges so well. It's worked well on my bike.

This is a better approach than messing with the VE tables. It's very simple to do.  I believe the TTS tuning guide says this.

You can also adjust the Decel Enleanment table to decrease the enleanment (i.e. richen the decel mixture), to accomplish essentially the same thing, but it is only effective for a short time... whereas the main lambda table is always effective even if you decel for several seconds or more.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »

Steve, I was in no way meaning my post to be a "kick in the nuts" at all.  I believe that my issue has everything to do with atmosphere here compared to where you built the tune which is no fault of yours at all.  As everyone knows every bike runs different and a tune developed for one bike may not work so well on a different bike all the way across the country, and to say it would is injustice to the consumer.  I was in no way trolling to deface your product, but simply responding to another user who is experiencing the same problem that I had.  In no way was that intended to be hostile.  I to this day still recommend your set up to everyone who asks me what I recommend.  I think you sell a great product at an amazing price and I'd without question use your products again.  I don't have the calc number off hand but I'd gladly post it up tonight if you're wanting to know.

No hard feelings, you really only conected with one of them. :huepfenjump3:  Seriously though, if you can provide the TTS calc that helped, I would love to see it.
I fight this decell pop thing from time to time and its an inconsistent problem from bike to bike. If you found something that helps I can easily paste the decell section into one of my maps
and let you give it a try. Don't want people to think I left you hangin with out an effort on my part. If you have the patience I will keep working on it with you.

Thanks!

Steve George
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »

No hard feelings, you really only conected with one of them. :huepfenjump3:  Seriously though, if you can provide the TTS calc that helped, I would love to see it.
I fight this decell pop thing from time to time and its an inconsistent problem from bike to bike. If you found something that helps I can easily paste the decell section into one of my maps
and let you give it a try. Don't want people to think I left you hangin with out an effort on my part. If you have the patience I will keep working on it with you.

Thanks!

Steve George

If anything I left myself hanging, lol  The TTS map that I have been successful with is EUJ009-03-A0 (1800 A/C & Breather Kit and Race Exhaust

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:27 PM »

If your interested in trying another map based off of that TTS Calc, shoot me an E mail with all your bike details and I will put one together for you keeping all
the same decell settings that are working.

Steve@fullsac.com
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.