Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Heat Imagination with 4" Rhineharts and FulSac?  (Read 3594 times)

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Heat Imagination with 4" Rhineharts and FulSac?
« on: August 12, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »

I installed a Full sac Stage 1 a few months ago with the 2in baffles and TTS tuner. The install definitely decreased the heat as the bikes heat management system used to kick on all the time around town, but now it rarely comes on. I have always wanted a set of Rhineharts and thanks to a fellow forum member, I was able to get a used set of black 4in slip-ons. I changed the heat shields to black also. The last few rides though, I feels like the bike is running hot again. My and my bsr right leg is cooking. Could it be that just changing to the Rhineharts would increase the heat of the bike?  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:02:55 PM by Alremc »
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

glens

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Heat Imagination?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »

Did you re-v-tune after the change?

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 09:16:38 AM »

Did not Glen as I read on the forum that a remap of the TTS tune from the Fullsac to the Rhineharts was not required. Bad info?
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »

Threw this out there a few months ago and wonder if anyone else is having a similar issue. I got more time on the saddle with this set up and I notice less umph on acceleration and a pop when I shift from 1st to 2nd. I am thinking of going back to the OEMs with the Fullsac 2" cores coz it ran allot cooler and better with that set up. But liking the sound and look of the black Rhineharts.  :nixweiss:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
Re: Heat Imagination with 4" Rhineharts and FulSac?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »

If your bike was tuned with just the fulsac and OEM mufflers, then you may need to get it tuned again, or just get a map to add a little more fuel if you feel its hotter. I have the same rineharts with the VH Dresser/ True Duals but had it tuned that way and have zero heat or popping issues. The Heat is caused by the bike being to lean,thus adding a bit more fuel will due the trick. I'm sure there is a map floating around with your set up as it is very common here. Great set up either way and easy fix.
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:47:22 AM »

If your bike was tuned with just the fulsac and OEM mufflers, then you may need to get it tuned again, or just get a map to add a little more fuel if you feel its hotter. I have the same rineharts with the VH Dresser/ True Duals but had it tuned that way and have zero heat or popping issues. The Heat is caused by the bike being to lean,thus adding a bit more fuel will due the trick. I'm sure there is a map floating around with your set up as it is very common here. Great set up either way and easy fix.

Copy, thanks Brian. I will see if anyone will offer up a map to help fix this. I looked at the current map on the computer but was overwhelmed in trying to make any changes to the numbers...Cheers
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

2013SERG

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »

Hello all,
Waiting on D X pipe and 2.25's myself, I will use Steve's map for the time being and for some unknown reason I'd like to put on 4'' Rineharts at a later time, at that time, if I do go that route, I will then get her dynoed.
Is there that many CVO'ers who are complacent or thrilled with the 2.25's?

Thanks in advance...

2013 SERG Longhorn Burnt Orange
D&D Fat Cat
Power commander
Fueling 574 Reaper cams
C&C custom gel seat, pillion and tour pack rest.
Buky custom made these 12's x 1'&1/2
Custom paint done by Doug Starbuck in Riverside CA.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »

Hello all,
Waiting on D X pipe and 2.25's myself, I will use Steve's map for the time being and for some unknown reason I'd like to put on 4'' Rineharts at a later time, at that time, if I do go that route, I will then get her dynoed.
Is there that many CVO'ers who are complacent or thrilled with the 2.25's?

Thanks in advance...

I had V&H Dresser Duals, Rineharts and switched to Fulsac CVO 2.25 Baffles, along Fulsac X-Pipe and Never looked back!

YB
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:21:05 AM by YELLOWBIRD »
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »

I have never ran a blacked out exhaust. Any chance the black out has increased the heat coming off the parts? Anybody have a similar experience going black?

I know black is the least popular color for a car in Lake Havasu because of the heat.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

100HP

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »

I'm running the Fullsac C pipe with the 2.25 cores, SERT and Woods 555 cams. The performance and sound is great. reused the packing from the OEM baffles and all is good.  101hp - 107tq. Yes , I can easily cruise and hear my audio..  Good Luck..

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »

I had a decel pop with every tune provided by Steve.  I finally gave up and loaded a CAN map from mastertune.  Fuel economy went back to normal and the decel pop is gone.  Try finding a preloaded map and see how it works for you.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 07:54:44 AM »

I had a decel pop with every tune provided by Steve.  I finally gave up and loaded a CAN map from mastertune.  Fuel economy went back to normal and the decel pop is gone.  Try finding a preloaded map and see how it works for you.

Sorry my maps didn't work out for you.  I start with TTS a calibration and typically make very small changes if any to the decell area.
Maybe you would be so kind as to share the TTS calc number with us that solved your problem. It would add helpfullness to your
post in addition to kicking me in the nuts.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 08:05:10 AM »

Wow. I loaded Steve's map for my c-pipe and 2 in cores,then went to dyno and was told they didn't change one thing!

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »

Threw this out there a few months ago and wonder if anyone else is having a similar issue. I got more time on the saddle with this set up and I notice less umph on acceleration and a pop when I shift from 1st to 2nd. I am thinking of going back to the OEMs with the Fullsac 2" cores coz it ran allot cooler and better with that set up. But liking the sound and look of the black Rhineharts.  :nixweiss:

For sound your Rineharts are a 2 1/4" baffle

For looks you could change your heat shields and tips to look the same.

Shields: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448773013&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302319761&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302319761&bmUID=1363960417579&bmLocale=en_US

Tips: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448777486&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302319761&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302319761&bmUID=1363960501846&bmLocale=en_US

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:53:32 PM by Texas Fat Boy »

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »

Sorry my maps didn't work out for you.  I start with TTS a calibration and typically make very small changes if any to the decell area.
Maybe you would be so kind as to share the TTS calc number with us that solved your problem. It would add helpfullness to your
post in addition to kicking me in the nuts.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Steve, I was in no way meaning my post to be a "kick in the nuts" at all.  I believe that my issue has everything to do with atmosphere here compared to where you built the tune which is no fault of yours at all.  As everyone knows every bike runs different and a tune developed for one bike may not work so well on a different bike all the way across the country, and to say it would is injustice to the consumer.  I was in no way trolling to deface your product, but simply responding to another user who is experiencing the same problem that I had.  In no way was that intended to be hostile.  I to this day still recommend your set up to everyone who asks me what I recommend.  I think you sell a great product at an amazing price and I'd without question use your products again.  I don't have the calc number off hand but I'd gladly post it up tonight if you're wanting to know.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:31:25 PM by 93-331-29psi »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 25 queries.