Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG Needs engine rebuild  (Read 4376 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 09 SERG Needs engine rebuild
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »

I asked the local dealer's Finance & Insurance salesman: "Who administers and underwrites the ESP?"; was told it's the MoCo.  I don't have an ESP, so I don't have documents to verify...but IF it's true, then MoCo has even less incentive to improve quality, since they make even more $$$ by cutting quality, urging us to buy ESP, and then denying ESP claims for chicken-$hit reasons.

Unless something has changed recently, the ESP is run by a separate entity and not the MoCo. 

Anyhow, I don't think I'd take the comment of one dealership F&I guy as gospel.  I think we all know how much BS gets thrown around in the typical dealership.  I suggest reading the actual contract for the name of the company and then researching that company if you really want to know who is pulling the strings.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »

Unless something has changed recently, the ESP is run by a separate entity and not the MoCo.  

Anyhow, I don't think I'd take the comment of one dealership F&I guy as gospel.  I think we all know how much BS gets thrown around in the typical dealership.  I suggest reading the actual contract for the name of the company and then researching that company if you really want to know who is pulling the strings.

Jerry

you dial the same corporate phone number for MOCO and ESP warranty services. While being a separate entity the ESP is under the MOCO’s umbrella. I’m sure there are other third party warranty companies out there but I can’t see a dealership being allowed to sell anything else on a new HD.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »

Anyhow, I don't think I'd take the comment of one dealership F&I guy as gospel.  I think we all know how much BS gets thrown around in the typical dealership.  I suggest reading the actual contract for the name of the company and then researching that company if you really want to know who is pulling the strings.

Jerry

Right you are.  Per all the ESPs I've had (4 of them) it has been Continental Casualty Company which does business as 'CNA' and claims are administered by CNA National Warranty Corp., P O Box 2840, Scottsdale, AZ 85252.  My suggestion is to call them at 800-527-7665 and get info straight from them.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »

you dial the same corporate phone number for MOCO and ESP warranty services. While being a separate entity the ESP is under the MOCO’s umbrella. I’m sure there are other third party warranty companies out there but I can’t see a dealership being allowed to sell anything else on a new HD.

TN
Don't know about the phone numbers but I do know the field inspectors for moco factory warranty and ESP are totally different from having had visits from both on various bikes.  Moco may sell the ESP and make it appear 'seamless' but CNA is the one who calls the shots from all my experience.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:30:35 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »

Don't know about the phone numbers but I do know the field inspectors for moco factory warranty and ESP are totally different from having had visits from both on various bikes.  Moco may sell the ESP and make it appear 'seamless' but CNA is the one who calls the shots from all my experience.

The only experience I’ve had with the ESP is in regard to the wheel and tire warranty. I dialed the MOCO number and somewhere in the voice prompts it gives the option for the ESP, or it did when I called. I haven’t read my ESP contract and not sure I have one to read. But I did receive assistance in my case.

With the ESP usually being a high profit item I just assumed the MOCO was in on it. I’ve been wrong before and I’m sure it’ll happen again.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

davidw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »

In 2009 I bought a SERG like many of you ,I spent a lot of money not only on the bike but on cosmetics and of course trying to get it to run not so hot.After 3 different tuners and 2 different products the bike has always run hot.Now I know what your going to say,they all run hot ,true but after buying the extended warranty for a few years I was told the bike was fine and it would never run any cooler.Now here comes the twist after multiple trips to the Dealer they finally found out that the o ring for the oil pump was installed incorrectly from the MOCO. The dealer fixed it under warranty and sent me on my way.After 400 miles I noticed it used a quart of oil.I contacted the dealer and customer care. My claim was denied by MOCO tech because I had installed tuners on it to make it run cooler and they would not help in the cost of repairing it at all.I explained the o ring situation and their reply was that's what warranties are for. At a cost of 5500.00 for engine and compensator sprocket upgrade I am not very happy! Opinions welcome ,Am I wrong here or did I get screwed Ps I'm thinking about having my HD  tattoo covered up with a Goldwing tattoo lol If their is such a thing.

You had the same people fix the motor for $5500 as the ones that fixed the O-ring?

As soon as the MOCO  wouldn't fix the bike I'd have it hauled it out of the stealership and have a good Indy shop fixer up, for half the cost!
We all live and learn, now you still have a stock engine to boot? right?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.