Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: quieter slip ons  (Read 7583 times)

TC44

• CVO1: 2008 Screamin Eagle Ultra 105th Anniversary Edition with a few mods.
Re: quieter slip ons
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 01:03:28 AM »

Steve G:  You and I have the same bike.  You said you like the Fulsacs with 1.75" baffles.  Do you have stock headers or aftermarket?  If so, what is the name and brand of the headers?
Thanks,
TC44
JOHN 3:16
Jesus is the reason for the season!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 01:59:24 AM »

You might want to check out the OE SE mufflers with the fullsac baffles
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »

I was running the Supertrapp w/open cap & 10 disc's. Wasn't crazy bout the sound, but didn't hate it. After talking with 05train several times, decided to go with closed caps, currently at 16 disc's. The best part of the ST's is the infinante possible tuning choices. I usually stay away from 'advertisement' parts, but liked the looks of these better than stainless 'Dery Cover' look. Sound is about the same in loudness, with a slightly deeper tone. So far I'm happy.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 10:09:21 AM »

Ok thanks guys , I put my Rineharts for sale on here , I'll sell them and get a quieter set ... are the Harley Screamin Eagle 4" stock mufflers worth anything ?? I am not looking for any performance gains, like I said at my ripe old age of 52 the wife and I just want a smooth, semi quiet ride .. If they are OK I might look for a set of really nice take offs ...

with the fullsac baffles they are great.  i'm running the 2.0 inch baffles and they are quiet enough to enjoy the ride, listen to the radio, not have a headache later, etc. but loud enough to give it that 'harley' sound.  and a very economical upgrade to boot.   :2vrolijk_21:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 10:52:31 AM »

FWIW:
In '08 I put the fullsac conversion on my new bike with the 2" cores. Found them a little too loud for my liking (getting sound bouncing back off my trailer) Went with the 1.75 cores and never looked back.
Those same mufflers ended up on my '09, my '10 and on my '14. They have about 200k miles on them and look great (I kept the heat shields on).
I've had to repack a couple of times, but pleased with the mellow sound and performance.
Gotta say, the exhaust system (x-pipe and mufflers) lasted longer than my last 2 Harleys!

JMHO
 8)
HOGMIKE

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »

I was running the Supertrapp w/open cap & 10 disc's. Wasn't crazy bout the sound, but didn't hate it. After talking with 05train several times, decided to go with closed caps, currently at 16 disc's. The best part of the ST's is the infinante possible tuning choices. I usually stay away from 'advertisement' parts, but liked the looks of these better than stainless 'Dery Cover' look. Sound is about the same in loudness, with a slightly deeper tone. So far I'm happy.
Nice looking caps, now I've got endcap envy!

Glad you found a combination that works for you.  Come springtime, I think I'm going to buy a few more discs and play around with a set of the adjustable LA Choppers end caps.  It's awesome being able to modify sound and flow without having to swap mufflers.
The best you've had is the best you know.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »

Nice looking caps, now I've got endcap envy!

Glad you found a combination that works for you.  Come springtime, I think I'm going to buy a few more discs and play around with a set of the adjustable LA Choppers end caps.  It's awesome being able to modify sound and flow without having to swap mufflers.

Thanks train, don't know if I would have ever tried closed caps without our back & forth. BTW, cheapest place I have found the disc's was Amazon. Sorry for the minor  :jack:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:11:08 PM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Steve G:  You and I have the same bike.  You said you like the Fulsacs with 1.75" baffles.  Do you have stock headers or aftermarket?  If so, what is the name and brand of the headers?
Thanks,
TC44

Stock headers.  The cats are in the mufflers.  When you remove the guts of the mufflers, the cats are gone. 
I just love everything about the 1.75" Fullsacs.  For me the sound is just perfect, and I like the looks of the stock exhaust. 
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

BlackSpecial

• Old Leatherneck
    • OR

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 04:36:43 PM »

try the kuryakyn crusher mellows have great flow and power without the noise. sounds too good to be true,but it is

+1  Got 'em on my SGS and looking forward to adding Power Duals & cams soon!
2014 FLHXS,561-1 cams,JWP heads,TTS,Ness a/c,Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe,Crushers

hwyfever

• Full CVO Member
  • Stopped Living Vicariously

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »

Hi guys.  I have the Bub Stealth 7 here on S&S true duels.   Best mufflers so far and love the lowered more muffled sound they produce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
HD Hyd Cam Plate Conversion, Zippers Red Shift 575, SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Race Tuner, Zippers Highflow Air Cleaner, S&S True Duals, Bub Stealth 7,
Progressive Monotube Cartridge Forks, Progressive 940 shocks

What I fear most when I die is my wife selling my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

• 5k CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 08:56:32 AM »

Hi guys.  I have the Bub Stealth 7 here on S&S true duels.   Best mufflers so far and love the lowered more muffled sound they produce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
My son runs the BuB 7's, they do sound mighty nice!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.