Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wired in new GPS today.  (Read 2959 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: Wired in new GPS today.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

Not sure how much improved the 590 will be over the 660.  I had a 660 on my last bike but the guy who bought it paid me extra for it because he liked how it was mounted and that the quick mount was hard wired to the bike.  I did not wire the 590 to the bikes speakers to give turn directions via the bikes speakers but instead plan on getting a Bluetooth helmet and have music and turn directions through the helmet speakers.  I haven't done this before so I hope I will like it set up that way.  The screen does seem brighter in direct sun light but will need to take a trip to see if it's really readable in direct sunlight or if it gets washed out like the 660 did.
My 665 (don't use the XM anymore since I changed the head unit that has XM built in) started freezing a week before my warranty ran out so they just gave me a new one. Before that happened I checked with Garmin to see if the 590 would work with the 665 mount but they said it would not. Probably the thing I liked the best was the "curvy road" option but beside that I really couldn't see that much of a difference especially now that I have a brand new 665 but am definitely interested in what you will think after using..
Alan

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
Re: Wired in new GPS today.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 09:01:46 AM »

My 665 (don't use the XM anymore since I changed the head unit that has XM built in) started freezing a week before my warranty ran out so they just gave me a new one. Before that happened I checked with Garmin to see if the 590 would work with the 665 mount but they said it would not. Probably the thing I liked the best was the "curvy road" option but beside that I really couldn't see that much of a difference especially now that I have a brand new 665 but am definitely interested in what you will think after using..

I wouldn't have spent the money to upgrade in your circumstances either but I was in the market already so I chose the 590LM. The two motorcycle specific Garmin Zumo GPS's I have purchased (660 & 590) both came with motorcycle and auto mounts so the fact that a 590 doesn't fit a 660 mount probably isn't important unless you have several bikes and have mounts from a previous generation GPS and you expect the newest purchased GPS to fit all the mounts.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:41:57 AM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.