Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Little vacation to Vegas  (Read 2455 times)

hogasm

Re: Little vacation to Vegas
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 10:42:19 PM »

Thanks Don. hard to believe that they only have 1.2 million visitors a year being that close to the strip.  Of course I would not have known about it if you  had not said anything about it.

bdk

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 08:39:25 AM »

Went last year for a week in late February with bunch of the guy's and it's some of the best riding and the sites, heading back this February for some more great riding and sites and the night life.

Fugitive

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »

We did the Vegas trip a couple of years ago. Purely by coincidence, I planned the trip to coincide with the Laughlin River Run. I thought that was a great thing until I found out how much bike rentals were jacked up because of Laughlin, even with a HOG card. Ended up paying $180 a day at Eagle Rider. The HD Dealerships were sold out. (With a HOG card it is only $100 per day.) Day 1 we ran down to Laughlin and enjoyed the 90 degree day. Left for Williams, AZ  at about 1 pm. Got to Williams at about 10:30. HOLY CHIT!! We just about froze to death! Pulled into the Best Western where it was a frigid 34 degrees! That's cold ridin' even for us YOOPERS! First thing in the morning we headed for the Grand Canyon. It had warmed up to about 45 by the time we left. What an experience it was seeing the Grand Canyon. After a few hours we saddled back up and headed to Page, AZ to spend the night there. What a neat little city. I was impressed with how clean and new everything was there. It was a great ride through the northern Arizone desert. The next morning we headed for Zion National Park. We would have liked to have gone to Bryce National Park also, but lack of time wouldn't allow it. It was one of the most beautiful rides this boy has ever taken! Zion is a close second to the Grand Canyon. I highly recomend going there. We met up with some French tourists while at Zion. Normally, I wouldn't have paid any attention to them except for the fact these folks were more fascinated with OUR BIKES than they were with the beautiful scenery surrounding them! What a hoot! As we were leaving I motioned for a teenage boy that was with the French group to come over. After looking suspiciously at me, then at his father, he reluctantly, yet excitedly came over by the bike. I then pointed to the starter button and put his hand on the throttle. He hit the button and his eyes got as big as saucers and a big smile came across his face. I coaxed him to give it the throttle a twist. He gave it a twist all right! I had to gently grab his arm to let go before he blew up my rented bike! That was quite a scene. As we made our way through the rest of the park, we would occasionally see the tour bus full of the French tourists waving at us as we stopped to see the sights. After seeing Zion we spent the night in St. Georges and headed back to Vegas the following morning. That ride from St. Georges to Vegas was just as beautiful as the rest we had taken. I highly recommend this trip! Sometime in the future I would like to head east out of Vegas into California and meander through the central California. Any suggestions?
A bad day of ridin' is better than a good day at work!
1992 FLSTC
Soon to be ordered - 2007 FLHTCSE

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 12:42:30 PM »

Fugitive, There were a group from Japan at Zion while I was there. They took a few pics of me on the bike. Almost made me feel like a celeb. ha ha.....goes to show you hardly ever meet a stranger while riding.

On out return trip from Nelson my wife wants to include these sights. It's going to be a fun ride home.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 26 queries.