Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New seat or not new seat?  (Read 4171 times)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: New seat or not new seat?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 11:37:59 AM »

According to the local upholstery shop there isn't much that can be done to my stock seat. The foam in the thigh area is so thin cutting it down won't make any real difference. And if they do cut it down I will lose the heating element for sure. So.... I am now looking into a set of Progressive shocks that will lower the rear end about an inch. If this doesn't work I have another option for a seat from Ultimate Seats in Fla. They will actually let you ride around on the seat for 2 weeks and return it of you don't like it. Every other place won't take it back if you've used it. How are you supposed to make such an important decision, not to mention an expensive one, if you can't try it out?

LePera let me configure a seat and let me try out for about 10 days.  The only thing that they did not do was cover it so it was exposed foam.  I even had them put the gel inserts into it.  I did not order it because they did not have a backrest option at that time.  I ended up ordering a C&C because they had a backrest and wished I had gotten the LePera instead.  LePera now has a backrest option.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.