Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Head flow  (Read 7774 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Head flow
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 03:11:37 PM »

That's what I would be concerned with...   
With good reason too. There's been reports of people not getting their heads back or the money paid to the vendor. Google is your friend.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 04:41:02 PM »

And there are also folks that lay claim to be able to perform a multitude of "in-house" work, but hide behind the cloak of the internet, only to lure in the unsuspecting, and then farm it out.
MANY more out there, than many folks would be led to believe, and over the years now we've watched ones come from window-less storage shed "shops" behind their trailer-park residence, posting pictures of various things via the shell game, and hoodwinking folks into believing something QUITE different indeed!!!!
The list that Kirby posted, DOES NOT, however, fall into that catagory.
Scott

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 06:34:56 PM »

most builders don't do their own headwork,they farm it out.builders that do everything (sorry if I leave anyone out) us here @ vee twin racing,sachs,HD street perf,hillside,WFO larry,be very carefull with who does your headwork.we get heads in here all the time,to see if we can "fix" from riders all over the country that have been done by guys who "used to drag race,he knows everything",that are so screwed up,performance is worse than stock

Add Wes Brown at Cycle Rama in St. Petersburg, FL, Dave Mackie in Ventura, CA to the builders that do their own headwork...   :2vrolijk_21:

I am sure there are others....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 07:41:15 PM »

And yes those 2 are honest hard working gentleman that have endured the test of time. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

I am always leery of people that have to tear down others instead of standing by their own work.  A lot of that goes on in this industry and specially in the porting game.  I would suggest finding the guy that is going to tune the thing and do the work you are not going to and ask them.  Being a tuner helps me see different head work and combinations from different shops and different builders. 

Some other things to consider when making that choice.  Work turn around and do they hit that mark?  What happens when things go wrong?  Everybody is a great porter until something happens and it is time for them to step up and stand behind their work.   

On this site I have worked with Sachs on 110 head builds with great success.  I have done the same with Tq Inc.  I have also had some bell ringers with HD Street Performance.  I have nothing against anybody I didn't mention I just haven't dealt directly with them.  Another porter I like to work with is Jim out at Mega Flo, but he doesn't have much of a forum presence.  I myself have also had a 95 Mackie build that later went to a 103.  WFO Larry did the heads on my touring build.  There are a lot of options.

Good luck

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2015, 12:49:07 AM »

Another one that really does it all (no Forum presence that I know of) is T-Man performance :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 03:36:45 AM »

How is Zippers headwork?
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 07:45:54 AM »

How is Zippers headwork?

Very good stuff  :2vrolijk_21:
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »

Short Block Charlie in AZ was all the rage a few years back for his work and competitive pricing but haven't read much about them lately on the forums.

Anyone care to chime in and update?

2BAGGR

• Full CVO Member
  • Work sucks... Let's ride
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:10 PM »

How is Revolution Performance Headwork?

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »

Have used Tman heads on two builds. Very happy with the results. Another one is Baisley...if you have time to wait.
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 01:54:06 PM »

Hopefully Dan Baisley has learned how to put the right guides and seals in the 110 heads by now. He screwed mine up in the early days not knowing about the seals,guides,springs and the RIGHT port work. If so he has been in the game for many years and I will say he is a very nice man to talk to. I would make sure before handing over your heads.

TorqueInc

• Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 09:46:33 PM »

Hopefully Dan Baisley has learned how to put the right guides and seals in the 110 heads by now. He screwed mine up in the early days not knowing about the seals,guides,springs and the RIGHT port work. If so he has been in the game for many years and I will say he is a very nice man to talk to. I would make sure before handing over your heads.

Right or wrong and subjective.....Baisley still puts iron guides in both the intake and exhaust

An awful lot of guide hanging out in the exhaust port.....last set of them I saw looked as bad as the stock heads as far as the guide taking a lot of heat
2011 SG Sedona Orange 105" 125/123

www.jwperf.com

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 05:19:59 PM »

The second time I brought them back for seals and guides the rear cyl exhaust valve was stuck open and I watched him beat on both sides with a hammer till it came loose. All for about $1750 and your heads. :'(

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 06:36:16 PM »

an other Tman customer here, with no complaints  :2vrolijk_21: 27k on build so far and i ring its neck around town and run it cross country, i would say give TR a call i was in your shoes before my build and he answered all my Qs. BUT know what you want for the end result...how do you plan on ridding...fire breathing tire shredder...cross country touring? case there are a lot of choices and none are very cheep
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.