Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Used CVO's  (Read 8998 times)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
Re: Used CVO's
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

Ok! Ok! it was fair only because of the love! And Hey! Wild Card you have way to good of memory! 

I'm young, it's still with me!   I contemplated grabbing that bike myself. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »

I'm young, it's still with me!  I contemplated grabbing that bike myself

And now, wishing you had? :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »

And now, wishing you had? :nixweiss:

Nah.  I don't "need" two bikes (well, three since I can ride my wife's) and I just don't consider myself old enough for the touring bike...that being said, I know once I go that route, I would probably never look back! 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »

Nah.  I don't "need" two bikes (well, three since I can ride my wife's) and I just don't consider myself old enough for the touring bike...that being said, I know once I go that route, I would probably never look back!  

When you get to the top of the heap, everything else is back down. :2vrolijk_21:   I went from a stroker motor in a stripped down Heritage with bars to the stars to my first Ultra Classic.  I knew immediatly.....I had arrived.  Took my road dogs a few years to come around but now they're all riding baggers. ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »

The problem is Harley Davidson Limiteds.
The typical Harley customer that wants a touring bike looks at an Ultra or Limited.
That customer knows about the Screamin Eagles and knows they have all the whistle and bells but struggles to pay $36K to $39K out the door.
Then they see that 2009 SEUC or the 2010 SEUC priced at $27K to $30K and reconsiders. But wait, I can buy that new Limited with almost everything (in their mind almost everything) that the Screamin Eagle has for $2K to $3K less and get a new bike. A new bike with a warranty So they buy the new Limited and spend money on upgrades and when done they are at the same price of the used Screamin Eagle. Then there's the 110 factor, buy a used out of warranty SE SEUC and not know the history or buy that new Limited with almost everything a Screamin Eagle has, easy decision, I'll take the bike with the warranty.
Remember above, I said TYPICAL, not us but the typical Harley customer looking for a touring bike.
2008/2009/2010 used Screamin Eagle touring bikes are a tough sale. (and yes the 2011's will be in the same boat later this year)

SBB
SBB, right on the money my friend. My local has had a Red/Black 10'SEUC on the floor for three or four months. I have watched some of the customers they don't even give it a second look even tho it is low miles and I don't think priced too high. One of the nicest used bikes that they have. 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »

Gotta agree with SBB. I saw a few 1-2 yr old CVO's at a dealership with low miles that they wanted msrp of a new one. They didn't have any new CVO's and I guess they thought some sucker would pay it for a bike with no warranty. 6-8 months later those bikes were still sitting there.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.