Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Police: Motorcyclist led 150 mph chase  (Read 3087 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Police: Motorcyclist led 150 mph chase
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »

Not sure what the new dodge chargers with the police perfomance  package that the state patrol has been buying will do.  Also hear they had an airplane up in the area.

Not sure on that specific modification, but from personal experience, a new Dodge Charger/Hemi will do 150.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 01:19:14 PM »

My understanding that it's a $3,500 option and is all performance related.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 03:19:15 PM »

If the police model has similar specs as the SRT8, top speed is 165. 425 hp/420 ft/lb tq with a 10.3 to 1 comp. ratio in a 6.1 liter. 0 to 60 in 5 seconds and to 100 in aboo ut 16 secs. About 13 secs in the 1/4 mile. Several bikes that will out run those numbers. Not with a plane overhead though.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »

If the police model has similar specs as the SRT8, top speed is 165. 425 hp/420 ft/lb tq with a 10.3 to 1 comp. ratio in a 6.1 liter. 0 to 60 in 5 seconds and to 100 in aboo ut 16 secs. About 13 secs in the 1/4 mile. Several bikes that will out run those numbers. Not with a plane overhead though.
Or "Motorola" calling ahead. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »

Or "Motorola" calling ahead. :(

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Here in Floriduh, the troopers are working in groups of 5-6 or more on the interstate more often now.

So the third or fourth car back in the pack all going 80 and figuring they are flying safe gets a real surprise when all 4 get pulled over.

On our turnpike sometimes see the crotch rockets or stray 'vette doing 120 or more.  Figure Motorola is how they get them, too.

I have slowed down some due to the Pavlovian effect of speeding tickets and speeding tickets and speeding tickets......

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 05:59:05 PM »

yep ISKI, when I had a scrapbook of tickets and no ticket to ride, :oops: I changed my behavior also.  har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »

Well I guess you know what I think! ;) I don't know how they busted him. They can't prove it was him on the bike! I'm not thrilled that they busted him. If he was only endangering himself, they should have let him alone! Them cops were sore losers! And he musta been riding like a MoFo! Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 09:36:26 AM »

I for 1 disagree Hoist the guy was going 85mph in a construction zone.  I work in those zones and people driving the speed limit are scary enough let along the guy speeding.  Thats where the cops spotted him.  So he endangered every worker in the area not just himself. 

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »

I for 1 disagree Hoist the guy was going 85mph in a construction zone.  I work in those zones and people driving the speed limit are scary enough let along the guy speeding.  Thats where the cops spotted him.  So he endangered every worker in the area not just himself. 

I agree with you on this. And I did miss the location where this whole thing occurred. Reading things too quickly trying to catch up here. Sorry for that. Only speeding and not endangering others was the req't of my statement. This country was founded on Freedoms, which many have been manipulated over the years to essentially be removed. Our basic premise was founded on doing anything you want as long as nothing infringes on others. Government should not intervene to change that basic premise, which it has, in so many areas. I will not disagree with your reason why he should be prosecuted. I still don'tunderstand why he would be charged if they can't prove who was riding that bike. If they can, he's on his own and should deal with the ramifications of his actions, just like we all must! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 03:16:50 PM »

No problem Hoist.  And along with the heafty fine he will lose his driving privileges for 1yr.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.