Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110 using lots of oil and rapping  (Read 2827 times)

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
Re: 110 using lots of oil and rapping
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »

so the Harley shop told me my bike is ready already....i called them to see what they had found... guess what they give me, "its normal" speech.. i lost it with them... they treat me like a kid everytime i deal with them...he told me it is oil cooled and it is supposed to use oil...I am a boat mechanic, i went to MMI in Orlando.. the guy must think i don't know crap-- i walked out and checked the oil, and too my supprise they didn't even top off the oil.. I showed the dealer how it had been down a half a qt of oil, i topped it off sunday and i haven't ridden 100 miles... I wonder if the even did anything to it at this point.. I told them i was taking it directly to another dealer.. then he says let me keep the bike for another week and change the oil (Free of charge) and run it for a week, he said his best tech lives 40 miles away and will ride it home all week etc.... loooong story short i agreed. they cant get the bike to knock either, but he said they only rode it 5 miles... i am very disappointed with the service i have received from this place.. so he told me to take the bike and ride till sunday... they marked the oil dipstick to verify the oil level...then to make things even better, i was on my way home tonight and the clutch stoped working all togeater...nothing, i found the clutch line blew somewhere in the back, now there is oil all over my bike, i never thought a 30 thousand dollar bike would give me sooo many problems, i got the lemon of the batch, I love the bike itself but i am ready to trade it for a honda or something reliable.. I should have got an old shovelhead and threw a blower on it or something... im giving the dealer one more chance to get this thing right--

SEDyna,
I had these exact same symptoms. The engine burned/used oil at a rate of approximately 1-1.2qts/1000miles. The oil smelled burnt, the spark plugs had a heavy build-up accumulated on them (primarily the rear cylinder - left pipe = bagger w/duals) not much oil pumping out but upon R&R found to be pumping into the cylinder caused by a blocked galley at the deck. The obstruction was a fiber from what may have been a shop rag or something used during assembly that collected material and blocked the return oil from the head/cyl. All was warranty covered even with the cams/intake/pipes that have been changed.

Ask your dealer to dig deeper or find another who is willing to work with you. The market is definately poor now. Disposable cash has tightened up and toys worth significantly less. I'd pursue getting her corrected and if after that you are still unhappy await the market return and dump it then.
Mike
Mike
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.