Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Any 08 news yet??  (Read 7468 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
Re: Any 08 news yet??
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »

Well, I ordered an 08 :o, it will be here first week of oct. :bananarock:. I can't wait till then. I ordered the custom color Purple Haze!! Hopefully it will be cool!! :nixweiss:
  There have been a few 08's out there now and I havn't heard anything bad yet, so I think that they will be good :nervous: :nervous:
  I will do the usual SE-103, only this time, I am not going to use the RineHarts, I am going to do the D&D 2into1 with the dummy pipe. Since TommyO rides better, at least I can be faster :znotworthy: :znotworthy:

My bike sold sooner than expected, so I have been bikeless for the past 3-weeks :wreck:, so I had to borrow a bagger from the dealer this weekend to ride for awhile  :cool3: :cool3:

It will definitly be along wait, 32 days and counting :wall: :wall:

Later
                                                                  Mike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2007, 12:27:38 PM »

I'm not knocking your 103's.

Yeah, some of them can do that all by themselves :smash: :smash: !

(well, maybe they get a little help from the outside)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »

I just wanted to buy something a little unusual and reliable and peppy.  I paid for top of the line with top dollars and was totally dissapointed.  As I have said many times before "suck it up " is not an option for spending $30K for a motorcycle.  That's BS plain and simple.  Why buy top of the line and "start there"?  Why not buy used or stock and then do it all your way?  You guys even spent thousands to put hard bags on a bike that didn't come with them.  I don't get it all. IMHO.

BTW, I rode a Victory today and was impressed.

:jalapeno: :apple: :cucumber:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »

Howdy. New to the forum. I just picked up my 08 SERK last Thursday. Put 1000 miles on her this week so she's in for sevice. The 08 is not as hot as the 07 Street Glide I traded in. Put a 110 kit in the SG. Put 6000 miles on her before trade in. No problems experience but she was still new. Only problem I've experience is a wrinkled up left saddlebag and seat. My dealer is "working with MOCO" to get fixed under warranty. A lot of excuses so far. Went back to my usual dealer. He said no problem and is taking care of it. Would have bought from him in the first place but unable to get Black Diamond. He still is giving me 20% off for 60 days.

Back to the 08.... I love the ride and quickness. I had to get away from the batwing. Just couldn't adjust. Been peeping this forum for awhile. Once I learn how to post pictures and all that other computer stuff, I'll try to get up to speed.

JW

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

Howdy. New to the forum. I just picked up my 08 SERK last Thursday. Put 1000 miles on her this week so she's in for sevice. The 08 is not as hot as the 07 Street Glide I traded in. Put a 110 kit in the SG. Put 6000 miles on her before trade in. No problems experience but she was still new. Only problem I've experience is a wrinkled up left saddlebag and seat. My dealer is "working with MOCO" to get fixed under warranty. A lot of excuses so far. Went back to my usual dealer. He said no problem and is taking care of it. Would have bought from him in the first place but unable to get Black Diamond. He still is giving me 20% off for 60 days.

Back to the 08.... I love the ride and quickness. I had to get away from the batwing. Just couldn't adjust. Been peeping this forum for awhile. Once I learn how to post pictures and all that other computer stuff, I'll try to get up to speed.

JW
Congrads on the new bike :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I can't wait to get mine :orange: :orange:
                                                                  Enjoy it :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Mike

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »

Find a low mileage '06 and with the money you save, have the motor done the way you want it, tune it with whatever you want, put a 6 speed in it, and avoid all the potential headaches you might encounter with an 07/08.  JMO.

Exactly.  I wish I could turn back the clock to when I had two HDs in the garage, 2004 FLHRCI and the Deuce.  Best of both worlds, less money, repairs, aggravation.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.