Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: more of a pre-ride report  (Read 3709 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: more of a pre-ride report
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 06:45:53 AM »

Don-My 8 year old daughter will also give a thumbs up to the Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs that Brian has..  I realize you are not riding that far yet with her, but will give your niece  options as she grows and goes on longer rides.  I wish I had bought them before we went out west in August.  Now she wants a king tourpack so she can have the wraparound armrests and REAR speakers.  Go figure.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »

i hadnt realized you had started pre-school yet......  :zroflmao:

:2vrolijk_21: Neal.

Don, I remember when RJ was that age, man when they get the bug it sure makes for some fun days.

Start 'em young and they're hooked for life.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:58:12 AM by Rjob749 »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »

Don-
I also know now why you have the comfort saddlebag guards (from your pictures).  I originally added the regular guards and my Emily complained of them rubbing the back of her legs and switched to the comfort guards and she has no problems.  I didn't think I would like the angled look of the comfort guards, but the angle matches the decals (angled stripes) on the side panels (saddlebags) rather well.  One thing I have found out, the rider is a lot happier if he has a happy passenger.  Bob
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:46:48 PM by Boatman »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

Don-
I also know now why you have the comfort saddlebag guards (from your pictures).  I originally added the regular guards and my Emily complained of them rubbing the back of her legs and switched to the comfort guards and she has no problems.  I didn't think I would like the angled look of the comfort guards, but the angle matches the decals (angled stripes) on the side panels (saddlebags) rather well.  One thing I have found out, the rider is a lot happier if he has a happy passenger.  Bob

Agreed on all counts Bob.  A good friend who is a semi-regular passenger suggested these guards back when I was acquiring parts waiting on the bike's arrival.  I wanted rear guards.  But beyond that didn't care.  Since it didn't impact me in any way it was one of those things that could be the passenger's choice.

Since then, however, just a few months back Parker sat on someone else's Ultra and immediately noticed the difference.  She said "ours is better."

I also noticed that they visually matched out bike better than the standard bars.  Since I didn't intend to hang any of the leather bags that can snapped on to the guards that was a nice side benefit too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »

Don-My 8 year old daughter will also give a thumbs up to the Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs that Brian has..  I realize you are not riding that far yet with her, but will give your niece  options as she grows and goes on longer rides.  I wish I had bought them before we went out west in August.  Now she wants a king tourpack so she can have the wraparound armrests and REAR speakers.  Go figure.

I really appreciate the confirmation on these things guys.  Knew that something would have to be done in another year or so.  It's nice to know there's an easy and effective option already out there.

If your 8 year is like my niece the King pak will be a hit.  Parker likes being able to lean out a little and look around.  Especially to chat.  And she already knows just how much she can move around.  So the Corbin backrests or the chopped back are ok.  But if we're going very far I put on the King pak with the Corbin's pad.  The Corbin pad for a King pak has arms that are actually even a bit longer than the HD pad.

Inside of that she's all but enclosed.  Still room to lean.  But a lot more secure feeling (for me probably more than for her).  She'll prop a little arm on one side or the other and is just happy as a bug in a rug. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: Neal.

Don, I remember when RJ was that age, man when they get the bug it sure makes for some fun days.

Start 'em young and they're hooked for life.

Rog, she's been on the bike since just before her first birthday.  Riding around on bike trails or on a grandma's couple of acre yard.  She just loved it from day one.  So she's grown up never having to get used to it.  Was just always there.  And she's always dug it.

Before she had a lot of words you could hear her back there going "weeeeeeeeee."   Then when she started getting more and more words her vocabulary would devolve to two words while riding; "more" and "faster."  Now she's so comfortable she's just chatty as hell back there.  She still squeals when the engine starts but the rest of the time is chattering away as if she's in any other form of conveyance.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »

Don, I got the Kury adjustable passenger footpegs for my daughter who is right now at that same awkward age/height.  One of the clicks is right where she needs them to be!  Works great to keep her comfortable and keep her left foot far away from the hot Rinehart! :2vrolijk_21:

Don, I just bought the pass peg extensions (4 inch) from Kury before the Sturgis trip, the SERGs have rear pegs and not boards and use a different setup, anyway, they are the deal. Steph was MUCH more comfortable, her calves don't have to rest on the crash bar. I have seen the adjustable one for the bikes with rear boards, They are pretty cool! See ya.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 10:11:58 PM »

Rog, she's been on the bike since just before her first birthday.  Riding around on bike trails or on a grandma's couple of acre yard.  She just loved it from day one.  So she's grown up never having to get used to it.  Was just always there.  And she's always dug it.

Before she had a lot of words you could hear her back there going "weeeeeeeeee."   Then when she started getting more and more words her vocabulary would devolve to two words while riding; "more" and "faster."  Now she's so comfortable she's just chatty as hell back there.  She still squeals when the engine starts but the rest of the time is chattering away as if she's in any other form of conveyance.

do you have her wired on intercom so she can serinade you?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 11:38:47 PM »

do you have her wired on intercom so she can serinade you?

Our helmets don't come that small Scot.  At the rate she outgrows them that'd be a bit of a stretch too.  Since her riding is so far just around town or out to the periphery on Sunday mornings for breakfast just talking works so far.  Can't say I've not considered other options though.

Whatever it might be would be something attached to a 3/4 lid.  Even if our helmets were available in that size range she's not at all ready/comfortable for a full face lid. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 11:45:11 PM »

Our helmets don't come that small Scot.  At the rate she outgrows them that'd be a bit of a stretch too.  Since her riding is so far just around town or out to the periphery on Sunday mornings for breakfast just talking works so far.  Can't say I've not considered other options though.

Whatever it might be would be something attached to a 3/4 lid.  Even if our helmets were available in that size range she's not at all ready/comfortable for a full face lid. 
I've pointed them out to him before. It's just I've been busting his chops enough I already got him to tell me I was "# 1" in his life today. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »

Here's a pic of the quick adjustable ones.

Hobo

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2007, 09:54:13 AM »

The other side.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2007, 10:26:54 PM »

Thanks Cary.  I've got duals so don't have the crossover pipe to worry about for a passenger.  Only issue will be the left pipe while it's still high and in front of the saddlebag.  Seeing where these can raise to make it easy to see how much of that potential conflict with the pipe can be eliminated.

Seeing where they can raise to also lets me know the kid isn't very far from starting to be able to take advantage of them now.  A year or so at most.  I'll acutally look to get something installed before that time so the learning curve can just be the continuing evolution to her.  No dramatic changes after the fact.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 26 queries.