Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: more of a pre-ride report  (Read 3744 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
more of a pre-ride report
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:34 PM »

Can anyone guess who wanted to go for a ride when pre-school lets out in a half hour  :bananarock: ?

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: more of a pre-ride report
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:42:23 PM »

Got to love those subtle hints! ;D
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »

Can anyone guess who wanted to go for a ride when pre-school lets out in a half hour  :bananarock: ?

That's too cute!!!!

:indian_chief:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »

i hadnt realized you had started pre-school yet......  :zroflmao:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:19:01 PM »

Uncle Donnie's niece can have anything she wants.  That's the way it should be with an uncle.  Great picture Don.   How old is she now?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:09:01 PM »

Uncle Donnie's niece can have anything she wants.  That's the way it should be with an uncle.  Great picture Don.   How old is she now?

She'll be five in February Bob.  She's just a bit on the tall side, on average on inch or two taller than most of her classmates.  She's at a length now though where she actually fits real well on the bike.

Legs not so long that pipes are close to anything.  But long enough she can sit comfortably with her legs over the front of the bags.

Still often amazed at just how comfortable she is back there.  She's just perfectly at home back there.  Still gives a little happy squeal every time the engine starts and hates red lights.  Waves at other bikes now.  And is just always chatting away. 

In another year or two she's going to have a rough stretch when her legs will be long enough to be endangered by the right pipe but not long enough to reach the pegs and get around it.  Will have to figure out something to accommodate that or she'll be an unhappy camper for quite awhile until she grows some more.

Today though she rode from school to lunch.  Was the envy of all the other four and five year old getting out at the same time of course (and eating up every minute of it).  Then rode a few more short errands around town.  One hop of about a dozen miles and finally a ride home to mommy and daddy.  All tolled the kid logged about 40 miles today, loved every minute of it and was once again just a perfect passenger.

And I dug every minute of it :cherry: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »

That's too cute!!!!

:indian_chief:

That lid was a Christmas present last year Chuck.  She'd outgrown her first one.  XXS to an XS and a true kid's helmet with further reaching face shielding.

Talk about territorial.  Oh my no one should dare even consider handling her helmet.  One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time was several Sundays ago. 

She was hanging out with me that afternoon.  I had the bike in the driveway for a wax while she was playing in the yard.  Noticed that I hadn't heard her for 90 seconds or so after I'd seen her walk in to the garage.  Glanced up and she was sitting in the middle of the garage floor with one my just discarded waxing rags just rubbing for all she's worth on that pink lid. 

She looked up, caught my eye and said "I got to make it shiny too."

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:22:36 PM »

That lid was a Christmas present last year Chuck.  She'd outgrown her first one.  XXS to an XS and a true kid's helmet with further reaching face shielding.

Talk about territorial.  Oh my no one should dare even consider handling her helmet.  One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time was several Sundays ago. 

She was hanging out with me that afternoon.  I had the bike in the driveway for a wax while she was playing in the yard.  Noticed that I hadn't heard her for 90 seconds or so after I'd seen her walk in to the garage.  Glanced up and she was sitting in the middle of the garage floor with one my just discarded waxing rags just rubbing for all she's worth on that pink lid. 

She looked up, caught my eye and said "I got to make it shiny too."

I Love it!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 11:34:27 PM »

I Love it!

Too true buddy.  She's a keeper.  Still makes "vrooom vroom" noises when the red lights last too long to please her and tells anyone that sees her sitting the saddle that she is "an excellent rider!"

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:38:57 PM »

. . .

In another year or two she's going to have a rough stretch when her legs will be long enough to be endangered by the right pipe but not long enough to reach the pegs and get around it.  Will have to figure out something to accommodate that or she'll be an unhappy camper for quite awhile until she grows some more.

. . .

Don, I got the Kury adjustable passenger footpegs for my daughter who is right now at that same awkward age/height.  One of the clicks is right where she needs them to be!  Works great to keep her comfortable and keep her left foot far away from the hot Rinehart! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:42:03 PM »

Don, I got the Kury adjustable passenger footpegs for my daughter who is right now at that same awkward age/height.  One of the clicks is right where she needs them to be!  Works great to keep her comfortable and keep her left foot far away from the hot Rinehart! :2vrolijk_21:

That's great Brian.  Thanks very much for the heads up.  Have never had a passenger complain (enough) about the position of the current mounts to ever have investigated alternatives.  The kid is suprisingly good where she is right now.  But knowing there are alternatives to the obvious future positioning issues is a big relief.  Thanks!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »

The ones I'm talking about are the ones that attach to the stock brackets, so you maintain the factory floorboards at the same time.  Here's a link: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2409

The ones I got are part number 4570 that fit our bike's different brackets.

A couple of us were talking at HS about how you can mount them a couple different ways.  I have mine mounted so when they are fully retracted they are horizontal.  I think that is less optimal for an adult, but puts the pegs in the ideal location at one of the clicks for my 7 year-old daughter.  The other way is probably better for adults due to the locations where the pegs click/lock into place, but would not have worked well for the midget.

Check 'em out and good luck! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 11:51:43 PM »

The ones I'm talking about are the ones that attach to the stock brackets, so you maintain the factory floorboards at the same time.  Here's a link: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2409

The ones I got are part number 4570 that fit our bike's different brackets.

A couple of us were talking at HS about how you can mount them a couple different ways.  I have mine mounted so when they are fully retracted they are horizontal.  I think that is less optimal for an adult, but puts the pegs in the ideal location at one of the clicks for my 7 year-old daughter.  The other way is probably better for adults due to the locations where the pegs click/lock into place, but would not have worked well for the midget.

Check 'em out and good luck! :2vrolijk_21:

Screw the adults.  They can fend for themselves.  The kids are more important anyway. 

Given the time lag until I'll need them I can setup an auto search for eBay and score something cheap. 

Thanks again Brian.  Saved me a bunch of homework time there.  Next beer is on me!

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:25:32 AM »

thanks for this post twolane! brings back lots of memories. i bet the little sweetheart will be good to go on a pink sporty in a few years!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 06:24:46 AM »

thanks for this post twolane! brings back lots of memories. i bet the little sweetheart will be good to go on a pink sporty in a few years!

Wouldn't surprise me at all.  She's had the little electric Harleys since she was barely old enough to sit them.  Wore one out and on her second one now.  Already talking about when she's big enough to get her own bike.

The only down side to it all is that she never really got in to riding tricycles like most kids did.  And now a bike with training wheels has very little fascination for her.

Her folks kept wondering why she didn't like them.  She finally explained it to them five or six months ago.  "Why pedal, a real bike goes without pedaling!"
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.