Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Riding in Mexico  (Read 3504 times)

hogasm

Re: Riding in Mexico
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »

If you are interested in riding in Guatemala I can help you out. Their phone number is 502-2385-0563. They will rent you a Super Glide and will also give you a guided tour of the country if you want.

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »

Has anyone been to Tortilla Flat?  Great info Chunngle, I was thinking of checking out Bisbee, been to Tombstone a few times. Thanks
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 04:33:47 PM »

Roadrunner, the road to tortilla flat is a great ride but the asphalt ends a few miles beyond that. Tortilla Flat is a good place for a burger and cold beverage then enjoy the ride back down the hill. Watch for the snowbirds in the winter months.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »

This thread is some funny chit, had to re-read the title. From the responses, I thought you were heading into Taliban controlled area. HAR.

But serious, I wouldn't go south, either.

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:41 PM »

Baja would be a better choice, do it all the time. Two or three day trip would be: San Diego rent a bike, Pueto Nuevo great resort to stay and fresh lobster dinner on the ocean front. Fox Studios is located near by and visit the sets for Titanic, Master and Commander, Planet of the Apes. Next morning  go to Ensinada for breakfast and enjoy Hoson's Cantina and get a genuine $20 Rolex while in town. Next morning take the road to Tecate. This is the wine country of Mexico and lots of wine tasting. Stay at Rancho Tecate that evening and enjoy great food, piano bar and dancing. Next day back to San Diego. The coast is prestine and inland you have great riding roads. Hey let me know when you want to go and will be happy to show you way. Be glad to put you up if you rent a bike in Riverside or Loma Linda Ca. Lou and Terry
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:01:34 PM by grandpadoc »

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »

Thanks all for the info, we ended up in Tucson the hottest week of the year, I think it was 110 on the 4th, but its a dry heat, right! :)  Even got to see it rain!

Only did 2 riding days, one to Bisbee in 104 temps , and the second to Parker Dam, then to Nogalas AZ, and walked over the border.

Next year we'll try going in Dec/Jan.

Thanks again everyone!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 07:43:34 PM »

Thanks all for the info, we ended up in Tucson the hottest week of the year, I think it was 110 on the 4th, but its a dry heat, right! :)  Even got to see it rain!

Only did 2 riding days, one to Bisbee in 104 temps , and the second to Parker Dam, then to Nogalas AZ, and walked over the border.

Thanks again everyone!

Glad you enjoyed the trip, we would love to see some pic's.

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »

I have to agree if you have never been to Sedona and the Big Hole (AKA The Grand Canyon) it is a worthwhile trip.  There are tons of Indian reservations and some older ruins up that way too.  Some of the most BEEAAAAUUUUtiful country ever up there, IMHO!!

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 02:08:07 AM »

I have to agree if you have never been to Sedona and the Big Hole (AKA The Grand Canyon) it is a worthwhile trip.  There are tons of Indian reservations and some older ruins up that way too.  Some of the most BEEAAAAUUUUtiful country ever up there, IMHO!!

Seegarz

I agree........that part of the country has those kind of places where you just keep saying "WOW" over and over.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

chunngle

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 10:54:27 PM »

Thanks again everyone!

Roadrunner, check out this site www.cyclerides.com for some good day trips if you make it back out this way next year. Dec/Jan might be a good time to go South but can be a bit cool to see all that the Northern part of the state has to offer. Enjoy.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »

All of AZ is Mexico!  Seriously, dont go, it's not worth it. Mexico is a dump. If you break down alone you are stuck bigtime. If you go, go with a group. I do the Rocky point rally almost every year, but thats with a big group. No problems with that, if you break down theres trailers all over the place. Ride around AZ, its got some beautiful areas.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 22 queries.