Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Roger Clemens on 60 Minutes  (Read 2549 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Roger Clemens on 60 Minutes
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »

Until recently, there was no rule banning steroids from baseball.

Clemens must want to absolutely strangle the guy........
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »

I'm with Hoist on this one. Being on the juice wasn't against the rules back then.Move on and forget about it.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

Myself - I believe every word Roger Clemans said.  He is innocent until someone proves otherwise.  How a report that named names without any type of due process can destroy lifetime careers and reputations is beyond me.  Everyone named is presumed guilty - which is crap.  Prove em guilty or shut up!  Isn't that one of the foundations of the country - innocent until proven guilty?  And why Congress is spending my money on this is also beyond me...  How about when education is fixed and health insurance is fixed and the energy crisis has a solution and social security has a solid future and the countries infastructure is repaired and a hundred other things - then worry about sports athletes...

but that's just me... :soapbox:

Amen....

Who gives a f#%k?  If there were no rules against it when he alledgedly used, and baseball wants to make it illegal now, do it, and move on.  It's a waste of friggin' time, and sure as hell doesn't need Congress involved.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:29 AM »

Congres is spending time on this because BAseball has a Federal exemption for being a monoply the only one in (business) Sports!! That's why they are involed in Baseball because it's been mucked with by the Fed's!

He's still Damaged Goods

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »

I've got no idea and no real concern over whether Clemens was or wasn't juiced.  If he wasn't; great.  If he was, eventually the hammer swings for almost everyone in some fashion or another.

Only two actual thoughts on the entire sordid affair and this section of baseball history.  First is that guys like McGwire ought to be the ones that are pissed off.  And him more than anyone.  He broke no baseball rule.  There weren't rules governing this when he played.  With one great season he almost singlehandedly restored baseball to the masses after strikes and boredom and let it languish in the national attention.  Yet he's tarred with the rest of it.  He should've stood up and said "yeah, I wasn't the brightest guy in the pack, I used andro and X, Y and Z.  It wasn't banned.  I didn't cheat by the terms of the day.  Folks, I'm sorry."  That he didn't do that one small thing means he's lumped with all those that really are assholes.  It's sad.  There really are guys in this who weren't bad apples and just got rolled up.  A livelihood, a life's effort and a legacy should not be forever demolished for breaking rules that weren't even written yet.

Second thought is Senator Mitchell's report.  Have read a little more than half.  And all of the "juicy" bits.  As either an investigative document or something you'd expect to see prepared as a basis for a prosecution presentation to say it is thin is to say that the 110s are uniformly the cream of the engine crop.  Folks cited within may indeed be guilty be as sin.  They may deserve significant comeuppance.  That livelihoods, lives efforts and legacies are branded scarlet by such a shallow reporting as Senator Mitchell has released is just sad though. 

Not here, not in the US; we don't get to ruin lives and careers by screaming like Hearst at his worst.  The Mitchell Report is just too reminiscent of a 12 year old screaming on a street corner some banner headline with very little investigation beneath the fold.  It's barely more than Gail Wynand before his epiphany at the end of the book.

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 12:33:18 PM »

I've got no idea and no real concern over whether Clemens was or wasn't juiced.  If he wasn't; great.  If he was, eventually the hammer swings for almost everyone in some fashion or another.

i totally agree. I do think that Clemens is lying through his teeth. I listened to that ridiculous conversation that he taped with the Trainer where Clemens was trying to get him to say something that he could sink his teeth into as a defense. If Clemens was innocent, he would and should be attacking the specific allegations (something like 15 or more specific episodes) instead of beating his fist on the table. I thought the real telling part of the taped conversation was when Clemens said that "its ridiculous" and the Trainer said incredulously "what, I'm ridiculous" and Clemens said "no (meaning not you), this situation is ridiculous".  If i were innocent and i was talking to someone who is flat out lying, i would have called him out and said, why are you lying. You didn't shoot me up with Steroids. Instead, Roger just circled around it trying to get the trainer to say something on the tape that Roger could point to to discredit him.  I just dont buy it.

Free
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.