Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Roger Clemens on 60 Minutes  (Read 2574 times)

SPIDERMAN

Roger Clemens on 60 Minutes
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »

:oops:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:20:03 PM by SPIDERMAN »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Roger Clemens on 60 Minutes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 01:33:44 AM »

I have only this to say

I watched the interview and I believe the man.

B B

BB
I gotta say....  originally i thought he was so full of chit.......but i tend to agree with you after watching it

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:34:56 AM »

except for the line of chit about him being retired for good..ive heard that too many times from him

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:14:36 AM »

except for the line of chit about him being retired for good..ive heard that too many times from him

He's retired for sure if he was on the juice.  I can't imagine what the trainer has to gain by saying he injected guys if he didn't.

This entire episode in baseball has done no one any good and hopefully they can get it behind them.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »

Since none of us were there when this stuff allegedly happened, we never will know for sure.  That's part of what makes this sort of cheating so despicable; innocent or guilty, everyone is subject to being tainted by innuendo.

As to why the trainer may offer up names that weren't really involved, you have to remember that the Fed's had him nailed for his involvement and were offering a deal.  Just as with the mobsters who get a free pass for snitching on their buddies, guys like this trainer are looking out for number one.  If the Fed's made it perfectly clear they were gunning for certain individuals, who is to say that the trainer wouldn't take the hint and give them the names they want?  It happens in the real world all the time and is one main reason I don't support this method of law enforcement; testimony from a known criminal shouldn't count for chit without corroborating hard evidence, in my opinion.

Jerry
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 03:38:10 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »

I had the same gut feeling that he was telling the truth. Time may tell. He still should be innocent until proven otherwise.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 02:10:45 PM »

After a thorough read of this book, http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing-Consent-Edward-S-Herman/dp/0099533111/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199732799&sr=1-1  I have never looked at what I read or see from the media the same. This book confirmed alot of the "everyday Joe's" suspicions.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »

Should be Innocent until proven guilty, but the trainer was given a deal for giving truthful info, he had given up other people that were found to be true, so why would he make something up? If found untrue he would loose his deal.

Not that they are always reliable, have both take a lie detector test, one should show up as a lier and the other should show as telling the truth.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »

Doesn't matter what he says (roger) he is dmaaged goods, dead on arrival for any hall of fame or TV ad work , he's DONE! just like Birtney, and lohan D.O.A.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 06:40:56 PM »

What's the old saying "Where there's smoke there's fire"
Why would you take a shot of lydocaine in the butt..numb your butt??
They mix steroids with that stuff to make the shot more comfortable for the patient.

"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »

Bottom line, this Steroid crap's been around for years. And who knows what drugs they used before this. Cocaine, Speed, Amphetamines, etc. What's done is done. Let it die. You want to control it now, set a new policy from this day forward and enforce it. Stop wasting mine and everyone's time and money to listen to this BS in the name of getting the truth. You'll never get the truth anyway. And what about previous generations. We'll never know. So just Fuhgedabowdid and move on. What a waste of time and money this is. WTF cares! They're all overpaid anyway. If they break the rules, can 'em. Then things will change. But you ain't changin' the past. So let it lie! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »

I have only this to say

I watched the interview and I believe the man.

B B

Myself - I believe every word Roger Clemans said.  He is innocent until someone proves otherwise.  How a report that named names without any type of due process can destroy lifetime careers and reputations is beyond me.  Everyone named is presumed guilty - which is crap.  Prove em guilty or shut up!  Isn't that one of the foundations of the country - innocent until proven guilty?  And why Congress is spending my money on this is also beyond me...  How about when education is fixed and health insurance is fixed and the energy crisis has a solution and social security has a solid future and the countries infastructure is repaired and a hundred other things - then worry about sports athletes...

but that's just me... :soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:54:12 PM by sadunbar »
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

46knuck

• LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »

Every single one of these guys has a different story and excuse. At this point it will be pretty much that they all are tainted to some degree more or less. We really can't pick and choose so just figure it was the era and give them all an   (*) and start fresh as soon as  reliable testing is in place. That means Bonds as well, like he is the only one, give me a break with that booing stuff every time he is up to bat and the stupid signs. :zwtf:
2003 Heritage softail
2003 Deuce  SE
1946 Indian Chief
2000 Dyna low rider  (wife)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 10:19:04 PM »

With all the "real" problems we face today does it really make sense to spend so much time and money on F'n roids??? There are some that argue the only reason for them bein' illegal to begin with is due the political clout of some of the pharmaceutical companies that stand to lose revenue if they were legal. Weighing a comparison of side effects of steroids vs legal pharmaceuticals are the steroids side effects measurably worse? If that was the basis for their illegality I think the argument would lose its merit.  :soapbox:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »

Looks like a he said she said is starting.

Anyone hear the tape Clemens made of his accuser today?

Haven't found it on the net.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.