Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Tombstone Taillight LED Conversion available from Kuryakyn  (Read 9357 times)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
Re: Tombstone Taillight LED Conversion available from Kuryakyn
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »

:worthless:

How about some before, after and brake light shots?

:pumpkin:
Brad

I've tried several times with my camera, it appears that the camera compensate for LED brightness (that's what I get for getting a good camera).  I'm gonna try my wife's PHD camera and see if it shows the led light better.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »

Does replacing turn signals require a load balancer or just plug and play?  I've heard different things, even from Kuryakyn.  I'd think being electronic it should work the same.

Gecko, Mine is 07, not sure what year model you have, But i also ordered Kuryakyn run/turn/stop module and it is built into this unit. What i like about it is you can choose to have it flash or stock. what the flash does is when you apply brakes, rear lights flash 4 or 5 times then stay full on until you release brakes. Hopefully that will get the attention of who ever is behind you quickier.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2008, 08:12:46 PM »

Gecko, Mine is 07, not sure what year model you have, But i also ordered Kuryakyn run/turn/stop module and it is built into this unit. What i like about it is you can choose to have it flash or stock. what the flash does is when you apply brakes, rear lights flash 4 or 5 times then stay full on until you release brakes. Hopefully that will get the attention of who ever is behind you quickier.

SERK3,

I have the Kuryakyn run/turn/stop module and turn signal LEDs already installed. Some of my riding buddies tell me the difference between running and stop light is not noticable except for the flashing. I was wondering if by adding the Tombstone LEDs the difference between running and stop lights would be more noticable?

Thanks
 :2vrolijk_21:

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 12:17:23 AM »

Inquiring minds want to know
  :worthless:

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:01 AM »

The brake portion is very noticeably brighter than the run on just the tombstone replacement.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2008, 09:32:26 PM »

SERK3, which tail light lens did you get (part number?), Thanks.

Part #5410, This is the circuit board only, You use your lens. Just take out the bulb that is in there now plug in the circit board just like the bulb you took out, then replace your lens. takes about 15 mins. or less.
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 09:39:52 PM »

SERK3,

I have the Kuryakyn run/turn/stop module and turn signal LEDs already installed. Some of my riding buddies tell me the difference between running and stop light is not noticable except for the flashing. I was wondering if by adding the Tombstone LEDs the difference between running and stop lights would be more noticable?

Thanks
 :2vrolijk_21:

I would think so, the LED tail light looks like a star burst, Our group is going to try to ride sunday so i will let you know what they think.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

Spike, If i ever figure out how to down load pictures from camera on to here i will post pics.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 12:48:36 AM »

SERK3,
        I haven't had the time to get down to "In the Wind" yet so I was hoping to see some pics to get me motovated. I haven't been out much on the weekends either so I haven't seen you out riding so I could get a up close look at your new lights.  If your pics are on a memory card then you need a card reader and a USB cord. That will allow you to download the pics.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 05:59:19 AM »

Spike, i just installed them Wed. and with all the storms we had this week the has not been out of the garage. I don't think its suppose to rain today (Sat.) but i have to work, Off tomorrow so hope to get some riding in. I have everthing to down load pics. i just don't know how to do it but wife does, I'll try to get her to download them this weekend. She works for comcast so she has to deal with people like me that are dum when it comes to a computer.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.