Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 110" motor -- '07 vs '08  (Read 3169 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 110" motor -- '07 vs '08
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:50:26 PM »

Somebody tell me that I'm not making a $30K mistake here...

You better get ready to open your wallet a little bit more to the tune of $38K or so OTD plus what ever you liken to add to your deal.. 7 yr warranty?? $40K ..... leave your wife at home and take your caculator.. you'll need it.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 09:57:15 PM »

Have a November '06 build Jester.  Had to replace the head gaskets at 5K miles (got the "B" models), and haven't had any issues yet with those.  I would have still bought the bike, even knowing about the 110's.  Hell, that's what a warranty's for....or in Howie's case, deep pockets to totally rebuild the engine.   ;)  :huepfenlol2:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 03:35:19 AM »

I agree with those that say buy the bike if you believe that is what you want and dont worry about the motor.  I have an 07 SEUC with 8k miles no problem also bought an 08 SEUC now with 4k miles no problem with motor!  Would not trade the experiences I have had with both of the bikes over the last 18 months or so, I very much enjoyed them!

Thanks Tommy for your comments as well, I agree!

spepin

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »

You better get ready to open your wallet a little bit more to the tune of $38K or so OTD

You shopping at one of those jacka$$ dealers that packs another $6K onto the MSRP like Chandler in Arizona?  The deal sheet I have shows $33,500 OTD.  Add $1859 for the 7 yr extended warranty with tire/wheel coverage.  Quite a bit less than the $40k where you're shopping.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »

You shopping at one of those jacka$$ dealers that packs another $6K onto the MSRP like Chandler in Arizona?  The deal sheet I have shows $33,500 OTD.  Add $1859 for the 7 yr extended warranty with tire/wheel coverage.  Quite a bit less than the $40k where you're shopping.

It's not the inital layout that you have to worry about. It's all the people her that will show you new ways to spend your $ that you never even knew were possible.

spepin

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »

It's not the inital layout that you have to worry about. It's all the people her that will show you new ways to spend your $ that you never even knew were possible.

Oh yeah -- the ol' problem of the cost of the bike only being the down payment on the accessories...  I know how that goes -- I have over $6k on top of my '06 VRSCSE2...

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 03:40:20 PM »

To get back on this thread. I did not know there was anything different about the 07's and 08's. I asked one of my contacts up in Milwaukee 2 days ago about the fix and when. I like a few others had heard that there was going to be a fix and real soon. Well soon has come and gone. I have an 08 Dyna still sitting at the dealer and I will not take delivery till the fix is announced.

Now the plot thickens. I was just asked WHEN WAS THE BUILD DATE OF THE DYNA? I then wanted to know why. It seems something was changed sometime in the early stages of the 08 model year. The bike in question was built last fall. So then the person wanted a Vin number to go back and check. It seems we had another thread here there was going to be a recall on 07's and nothing was said about the 08's. I was also told about a new head gasket that was just recently released that will hold even if there is a small amount of cylinder liner movement. WTF!!!!! I am glad I have a couple of 103's. The dealer meeting is in less than 2 weeks so I hope they have something to announce then. I really like the copper 08 color and may still take the plunge.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »

To get back on this thread. I did not know there was anything different about the 07's and 08's. I asked one of my contacts up in Milwaukee 2 days ago about the fix and when. I like a few others had heard that there was going to be a fix and real soon. Well soon has come and gone. I have an 08 Dyna still sitting at the dealer and I will not take delivery till the fix is announced.

Now the plot thickens. I was just asked WHEN WAS THE BUILD DATE OF THE DYNA? I then wanted to know why. It seems something was changed sometime in the early stages of the 08 model year. The bike in question was built last fall. So then the person wanted a Vin number to go back and check. It seems we had another thread here there was going to be a recall on 07's and nothing was said about the 08's. I was also told about a new head gasket that was just recently released that will hold even if there is a small amount of cylinder liner movement. WTF!!!!! I am glad I have a couple of 103's. The dealer meeting is in less than 2 weeks so I hope they have something to announce then. I really like the copper 08 color and may still take the plunge.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I think the build date question is reated to fuel pump. I think the MO CO is getting ready to recall Pre-Feb bikes due to faulty fuel pumps. A KC worker posted some info in Pashnit.COM which seems to point in that direction..

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »

No when we were talking it was about the top end problems!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.