Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Did Not wait for the 2009's  (Read 2240 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Did Not wait for the 2009's
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:44 PM »

You can't be serious !!  We'll just have to get together and see for ourselves.

Yes we will!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »

Sting,

Great color choice.  I have the same bike/color, only mine is better looking than Pado's  :huepfenlol2:

I had the same problem.... I'm 5'8".  I could get my feet flat on the ground, but the bike was so high that I had trouble backing it.  I had an 02 Ultra before the 08 SEUC and had no problems with the 02.  I think most of the difference with the 08 is in the seat.  The seat looks to be close to 2" thicker and a little wider than the seat on my 02 was.  I am going to try the Corbin Dual Tour seat.  It looks to be a inch or so thinner.

I caution you about lowering the rear of your bike.  I tried the Burley brackets on the rear of mine - they will lower the rear a little over an inch.  This worked well until my wife and I headed out on a trip with the bike loaded with about 30 pounds of luggage.  At highway speed when we hit bumps (bridges) the rear tire touched the fender.  I stopped and increased the air in the rear shocks to approx 30 p.s.i. -this helped some, but the rear tire would still hit the fender on the bigger bumps.
Several of us short folks here have bought the Arnott or Legend Air Ride systems.  These allow you to lower the rear of you bike about two inches and then raise it back up when out on the road.
Here is a link to Arnott if you are interested: http://www.arnottairride.com/harley-air-suspension.asp

I had the same problem when I installed a lowering kit.....so now I recently installed the Arnott suspension and am happy  ;)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »

congrats on ur new ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.