Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle Camping Trip with Son  (Read 4828 times)

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
Re: Motorcycle Camping Trip with Son
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »

Grate post and pictures. grate memories for a son to have off his dad that is totally awesome.
You should be proud of yourself.

Jo Mo

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »

hey Bill - hope you are well.

yeah, it was a bummer i had to rent a bike. Being on a stock bike was weird - sounds like a freakin sewing machine. But then again, the stock bike worked and mine is in the shop - so what do i know!!

the funny thing is that i bought the bagger specifically because i wanted to take my kids on camping trips and when the time finally comes, its in the shop!!

best

Free

I have a weird way at looking at things and I would want to use a rental bike for that purpose......do not care about rain, cleaning and normal wear......of course it is not as nice
but I would be more relaxed, and not worrying about that scratch, nick, dirt, rain......

Great picts.....I have tried to get my youngest (8) to get involved in a similar way with no success....   maybe he will change his mind soon!

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 02:09:54 AM »

Bike doesn't matter for this trip!

The one I saw in Nelson was a true one of a kind cvo and was hoping it was ok!

/Bill

its getting there. Almost ready to pick up. Had to get all the parts (flywheels, cam, plate etc. and new cases from Harley).  Pain in the ass and will probably set me back over $5k for a $70 lifter failure. First time i ever got screwed on performance parts vis a vis warranty. i am taking a shot with Jims but i doubt i will get anywhere. i probably should have taken some advice i got when i got the bagger - which was - do all you want on your 80k mile EVO 91 FXR (124 S&S etc.) but dont void the warranty on the Bagger since reliability for your long trips is critical!
oh, well, i just cant help it - and of course i am preaching to the choir when i joined this site :) :)

best

Free

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »

I have a weird way at looking at things and I would want to use a rental bike for that purpose......do not care about rain, cleaning and normal wear......of course it is not as nice
but I would be more relaxed, and not worrying about that scratch, nick, dirt, rain......

Great picts.....I have tried to get my youngest (8) to get involved in a similar way with no success....   maybe he will change his mind soon!

you know - thats a great point i had not thought about until you mentioned it - but its very interesting and has a lot of merit.  It would be psychiologically hard to pay $100 per day to rent a bike when i own one but you bring up some good thoughts.

best

Free

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »

Looks like the kid has won the toilet paper........he's way up on the old man :2vrolijk_21:

Brian - i won the jerky back and tried to make a trade for the TP for the wipes - he wouldnt go for it - so i put him to bed early!!

Free

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 08:13:21 AM »

Way to go Free! :2vrolijk_21: Memories for a lifetime!!! That's for BOTH of you! Thanks for sharing and God Bless!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 07:44:36 PM »

It reads like a nice opportunity...relish them like there is no tomorrow.  Glad you enjoyed it.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 12:28:38 AM »

Fantastic!  Thanks for sharing the memories with us!! :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20: :2vrolijk_20:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 11:55:26 AM »

It was great...he will have great memories in the future when he get the age to ride....Thanks for posting this story...........  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 26 queries.