Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Stolen Bike  (Read 3670 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Stolen Bike
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 09:25:38 PM »

I never thought it would happen to me either.  Today, my red 2005 FLHTCSE2 was stolen out of the garage at my workplace in San Francisco.  It was locked, and the ignition switch was broken off and left on the garage floor.  The garage attendant even saw the thief leave wearing my helmet.  I am still hoping that my bike will be found.

Geez, not another one! :shocked2:

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:29:09 PM »

Man sorry to hear about the bike's for both of you. :-\ Hope you both have a happy ending. God luck to you guy's on the recovery. I hope that at least insurance doesn't drag their heels if no recovery. Good Luck!!!!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »

That is crazy!  Did the attendant not stop them or ask any questions? 

People think I'm nuts when I go check on my bike every so often while out at a Pub, pool hall, or a restaurant on Broad Street.  That started because I'd often come out to leave and find people standing around the Vrod looking at it.  That worried me.  So, if I couldn't find a parking spot where I can see my bike, I drive it up on the sidewalk and park right in front of the restaurant.  Not to mention that too many people pull into the angled parking places without really looking and I always feared they would run over it!  The last time I went out to a Sports Bar, I took the yellow bike and when I came out and some @$$hole was leaning against my seat talking on his cell phone.  The owner said, "He's just talking on the phone.  I'm sure he won't hurt it."  I was looking at both of them like they were from another planet.  What I don't like about the Yella is that it's alarm is not near as sensitive as the one on the Vrod.  I opened the saddle bag and took stuff out and even sat all the bike and it didn't go off until I had it in upright position.  With the Vrod, if you bumped it, it would chirp.  At that point, you got the idea that it had an alarm.  With the SEEG, they could almost start the bike before it would go off!! 

One more thing, I know two people who had their metrics stolen.  One in Maryland and one is Delaware.  Both posted tons of pics on MySpace and sent out bulletins asking everyone to repost!  Prior to doing so, they added every motorcycle establishment within like a 100 mile radius including restaurants, shops, bars, radio stations, etc.  The one girl had tips on hers within 12 hours.  The other guy's was seen within a week.  Like someone else said, if you have something that stands out on the bike, post, post, post on all the forums!!  Send out bulletins!  Don't even list the model in the heading!  Just post...CASH REWARD FOR INFO!!!   Everyone that logs onto the site will read it.  Then list the detectives phone number so that you don't get a lot of BS info.     

Good Luck!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:58 PM »

You would be amazed at how many hotels will allow you to park under the lights next to their front lobby door in full view of the desk attendant if you ask.  More often then not they say yes...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

BSB2

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »

The garage attendant saw the thief leaving on my bike, called corporate security and then went to lunch.  Then the corporate security folks called me and told me my bike had been stolen.   When I arrived at the garage a few minutes later, a crowd of parking attendants and corporate security folks were standing with their hands in their pockets looking in my parking stall at the remains of my bike , i.e,. the broken ignition switch on the garage floor.  I then called the San Francisco police.  The police seemed dumbfounded that the garage attendant wasn't present to give an ID to them.  When the attendant returned from lunch, she reported seeing the thief enter the garage (which isn't supposed to be open to the public), rev the engine a lot (I have VERY LOUD Thunderheaders), and quickly leave with my helmet perched on the top of his head, unbuckled.  The corporate security folks located the tapes from the security cameras and reported that they were too grainy to be of use.  I was advised that corporate security had discussed getting new cameras, but hadn't yet done so.  Additionally, the guard station next to the garage entry drive was empty at the time.  Corporate security advised that a guard only sits there "sometimes." 

I have posted notices of the theft at various places on the Internet.  The more I read about bike thefts, the less optimistic I am about its safe recovery.  I LOVE that bike.  I had a brief chat with my insurance company (USAA), and sensed that the assigned adjuster is going to give me the run-around.  I asked about whether I was covered for a rental, and he was clueless that I was asking about a rental Harley, not a rental car.   I think I am going to focus on finding another red 2005 FLHTCSE2 in or near the SF Bay area/northern California. 

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »

Sorry to hear of your guys loss.  I was really nervous about leaving my bike parked at the 105th.  Tried to keep it in a well lite area, even in front of an outside bar (if that matters).  Never left it for very long, and used the disc brake lock from HD that I bought before the trip.  I know that if someone wants it bad enough they are going to take it. It would be nice to know the stats on stolen bikes (things thieves like and dislike when looking to steal a bike) and even see a video of a stolen bike so we know what to watch out for.

Maybe we could go back to the 1800's for punishment when a horse was stolen in Tenn.

A horse thief was now to receive "on his or her bare back, a number of lashes, not exceeding thirty-nine, to sit in the pillory for two hours on three different days and to be branded with the letters H T in such manner and on such part of his person as the court shall direct." See State v. Humphries, 1 Tenn. 306 (1808) for an example of the imposition of such a sentence. The 1807 statute provided that on the second conviction for horse theft the offender "shall suffer death without benefit of clergy."

Maybe that would deter the thieves...if caught!!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 10:33:28 AM »

:behead2:

:hanged:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:11 PM »

OR
 :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.