Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Speaking Of OCD.... Well Now I Am!!!!!  (Read 3149 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Speaking Of OCD.... Well Now I Am!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 12:36:19 AM »

I'm a little surprised that noone else has stepped up to mention the fact that this is one item that should have come from the factory already in chrome.  I had the chrome ones on my last bike, but it was done at the same time I changed the bars and replaced everything with chrome.  I don't think that I want to go to all of that work just to change those switch covers.  I decided that right away, that I am going to just have to live with them they way they are.  What are they...like $25 for the entire kit...and they couldn't find some way to include those?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 01:15:43 AM »

I'm a little surprised that noone else has stepped up to mention the fact that this is one item that should have come from the factory already in chrome. 

Notsomuch....  I prefer the contrast of the black switch caps against the chrome housings.  The caps are a huge pain in the ass to install.  I like the look without them better anyway.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »

Notsomuch....  I prefer the contrast of the black switch caps against the chrome housings.  The caps are a huge pain in the ass to install.  I like the look without them better anyway.
  Yup.  :2vrolijk_21: Me too (and I'm a chromeaholic).  :coolblue: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 08:03:55 AM »

I'm a little surprised that noone else has stepped up to mention the fact that this is one item that should have come from the factory already in chrome. 
I had the chrome caps on a previous bike and liked the look, but the chrome wore off of the frequently used switches, like the turn signals, exposing the shiny brass underneath.  Had the same thing happen with the H-D chrome & rubber flame grips too.  I plan to keep the bike I have now for a looong time, and I don't want to have to keep replacing the chrome caps so I'll just stick with the black ones as they seem a lot tougher.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »

I kept losing the chrome switches for the radio.  They kept falling off.  The few that I did end up finding were cracked at the opening where they mount, so I'd say the chrome ones are not as sturdy either.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.