Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: RG Lowers.....WOW  (Read 3487 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: RG Lowers.....WOW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

Sounds like a great idea B B, do you have a link to them?

Also, does anyone know if the "Bar & Shield Logo Soft Lowers" fit the 09 SERG?

Hope I spelled all that right...  :nervous:

Page 415 of the 2009 H-D Parts and Acessories Catalogue. P/N 58525-95A fits 80-83 & 88 and later FLHT, FLHX and FLHR models with engine guards. $59.95. I've been using them since they first offered another style back in the early 80's. They fold up small and tuck away in your saddlebags. Pull them out when you're under the bridge puttin your rain gear on and you're high and dry in a couple minutes. They work good in cold weather too, taking the wind blast off your legs. Take em off and put em away when it's dry and hot. I can't imagine running those big heavy/hot ABS lowers unless you live in Alaska. Especially on a Road Glide as the fixed fairing blocks the wind better than the batwing fairings do.

Just my $0.02

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »

Used to use em too. NG on Moustache Engine Guards though. Anyone make em for the SERK3/4 Moustache Engine Guards? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 02:23:48 PM »

Used to use em too. NG on Moustache Engine Guards though. Anyone make em for the SERK3/4 Moustache Engine Guards? :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
You mean like these - Lowers for Lindby Twinbars for 1991-2009 Models?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

Or these - HARLEY SOFTAIL MUSTACHE ENGINE GUARD SOFT LOWERS (they say softail, but may work)?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 02:33:37 PM »

Gary
       Given your almost instantanious replies for web addresses and the fact that nobody has seen you in the flesh in some time, I am developing a mental picture of you hardwired to a small mainframe with straws poking out from behind a mass of cables for food and fluids having become CYBERDOOD

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 02:36:59 PM »

Gary
       Given your almost instantanious replies for web addresses and the fact that nobody has seen you in the flesh in some time, I am developing a mental picture of you hardwired to a small mainframe with straws poking out from behind a mass of cables for food and fluids having become CYBERDOOD

B B
Hehehehe. Nope, not the case..... Brian and Jock saw me less then a month ago. I'm just sitting here watching football and typing away. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

Page 415 of the 2009 H-D Parts and Acessories Catalogue. P/N 58525-95A fits 80-83 & 88 and later FLHT, FLHX and FLHR models with engine guards. $59.95. I've been using them since they first offered another style back in the early 80's. They fold up small and tuck away in your saddlebags. Pull them out when you're under the bridge puttin your rain gear on and you're high and dry in a couple minutes. They work good in cold weather too, taking the wind blast off your legs. Take em off and put em away when it's dry and hot. I can't imagine running those big heavy/hot ABS lowers unless you live in Alaska. Especially on a Road Glide as the fixed fairing blocks the wind better than the batwing fairings do.

Just my $0.02

B B

Are these the Gore-Tex lowers you referred to?

The impossible just takes a little longer

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »

Are these the Gore-Tex lowers you referred to?

Yes
     Not exactly sure if they're Gore-tex or something similar, but they are heavy duty fabric and waterproof. I've been running the part number posted since they first made them in 95 and before that some faux leather ones back to 83

B B

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »

I don't mean to steal this thread and will return to it. But, as a new HD owner I am confused about all the abbreviations concerning the differant models. I am embarrassed to ask; but, what does all this mean or say:
 FLHT, FLHX, FLHR, and FLTR? Anyone...  ???
The impossible just takes a little longer

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 08:54:05 PM »

I don't mean to steal this thread and will return to it. But, as a new HD owner I am confused about all the abbreviations concerning the differant models. I am embarrassed to ask; but, what does all this mean or say:
Check out this link - Harley-Davidson letter designation and a list Harley model names

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »

Actually the designations are a bit off in my book because they should all be FLH and then whatever for the final letter as they all share a common chassis and a bunch of other parts. Anyway, the designations are  FLHT for Electra-Glide. FLHR for Road King, FLHX for Street Glide and FLTR for Road Glide because way back when they first made the fixed fairing model which was well before the first Road King and obviously well well well before the first Street Glide they decided to call the fixed fairing model the Tour-Glide so they designated it FLTR and dropped the H in the middle. There used to be an FLHS which was a stripped down Electra-Glide which they called the FLH Sport. The Road King replaced that model. And the above designations are actually not complete as there is an FLHTCU which is the Ultra-Classic model and of course the CVO designations of the base models that carry the SE in the sequence as well as I for fuel injected and - - - -- - -- well I can see why somebody could get confused.  ;)

B B
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.