Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air Breather  (Read 794 times)

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
Air Breather
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »

Can anyone give me an idea on another air breather to add to my SE Ultra 09 model instead of the one that is on there. My buddy put the cone one on his ROad Glide but not sure if it will be any added value with my lowers on blocking some of the flowing air. This bike just runs so much hotter than my 06 SE Ultra with the 103 I am searching for alternates
Thanks
Chanman

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: Air Breather
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 06:45:13 PM »

Doherty Powerpacc with Power Vents seems to suit my scoot well - also have a PCIII USB - V & H True Duals and Oval Slip Ons.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »

you can't use the Heavy Breather with the lowers on your bike unless you remove the inner portion of the right lower fairing.  I have it on my Street Glide and it looks cool and seems to work fine...

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »

Can anyone give me an idea on another air breather to add to my SE Ultra 09 model instead of the one that is on there. My buddy put the cone one on his Road Glide but not sure if it will be any added value with my lowers on blocking some of the flowing air. This bike just runs so much hotter than my 06 SE Ultra with the 103 I am searching for alternates
Thanks
Chanman

Chanman,

There is a wealth of information here.  You've probably seen a lot of it already.  I had an 04 103" and know what you are experiencing.  Take a look at the HD high flow a/c. HD #29260-08.  It fits behind your stock cover and works well.  Or, if you want more, the heavy breather, HD #29253-08.  These will not help cool off your motor, though.  Exhaust changes will:

For your exhaust, look here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=27814.0    and here:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=28086.0   

That will show you how to remove your cat and change baffles.  Great look, sound and power at a fraction of the cost of aftermarket systems.  Finally, a richer a/f mix will cool the motor.  There is debate over the SERT vs. Mastertune for your ECM.  I went with version of the SERT and was very pleased with the result.  Good luck and enjoy!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.