Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SEUC 2009 seat  (Read 8545 times)

Phoenixbiker

• CVO1: 09 Ruby Red SEEG
    • CVO2: (non) 94 Red FLHTUC
    • CVO3: (non) 82 FXR
Re: SEUC 2009 seat
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »

I had the seat tear and had mine replaced on Friday and then did two 8 hour days in the saddle with my gf, and both our butts were sore...which is different than with our original seat...I don't remember a break-in period with the last seat but maybe I have just repressed it....I assume theses are basically the same seats...do they need to break-in and i have just forgot about the past pain i endured.
Also, my gf is about 5.8 and is moving her legs all over the place after an hour or two...we have the passenger boards in the lowest position but it is not enough leg room...can anyone tell me what some remedies might be...we leave for an 1800 mile trip to New Orleans on June 8th so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
PIBIT  8) 8)
Remedy one would be the Kuryakin passenger adjustable foot/leg rests, brilliant. Generally front and rear boards are too close in, the harlegoodies spacers fix that issue.
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up space!

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 09:36:46 AM »

:) :)

Yes the K's will help greatly.

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »

Since were on the subject of seats, I put the passenger hand rails and covers on.  They look real nice, but wife's legs hit them? Our 09 CVO seat must be radically different from the stock 09 seats. 
Ultrafun     
I had the same problem with the HD grab rail.  It was supposed to fit all '09 touring models, but it's a lie!  It fits if you don't use the rider backrest, but otherwise, not so good.  Like you say, when installed, it juts out too far forward, and pushes against the passenger's legs.  I returned it and bought the Kuryakyn grab rail.  It cost about $20 more, but it is worth it.  It's a perfect fit, it sits back further, it's not so long, and has rubber inserts for a firm grip.  My wife loves it.

Ed

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2009, 10:11:32 AM »

It took about 18,000 miles before my seat started ripping.  Being able to send photos of other peoples' seats from this site, along with a photo of mine, convinced my dealer immediately that they had no choice but to replace my seat.  It's always nice when the forum has my problem solved for me before I have the problem.   ;D

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »

It took about 18,000 miles before my seat started ripping.  Being able to send photos of other peoples' seats from this site, along with a photo of mine, convinced my dealer immediately that they had no choice but to replace my seat.  It's always nice when the forum has my problem solved for me before I have the problem.   ;D
Welcome to the club!  I'm now on my 3rd seat :( .  The stock seat suffered the torn leather in the front, and the first replacement had a torn seam on the insert - the same day that it was installed.  A month later, another seat arrived & seems to be OK.  I think that the heating elements on the newest seat don't put out as much heat as the previous two, however.  I do like the revised seat - it is lower in the front, so does not seem to put as much pressure on the crotch area.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »

Welcome to the club!  I'm now on my 3rd seat :( .  The stock seat suffered the torn leather in the front, and the first replacement had a torn seam on the insert - the same day that it was installed.  A month later, another seat arrived & seems to be OK.  I think that the heating elements on the newest seat don't put out as much heat as the previous two, however.  I do like the revised seat - it is lower in the front, so does not seem to put as much pressure on the crotch area.

Maybe it needs broken in, but this one wasn't as comfortable as the last one...but now I have a few thousand miles on it.  Maybe it will be better when I go for my next ride.

US.Army.Retired

• Junior CVO Member
  • US Army (Retired)

• CVO1: 2004 Fatboy
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »

:(

I own a 2010 SEUC and have about 4500 miles on it and the seat is tearing in the same location as discribed by 2009 owners.

>:( The area is not leather but cheap vinyl.  >:(

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »

well 9000 miles and my seat ripped in the same spot as others just got it replaced under warranty hope this one lasts

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »

I showed the dealer the rip, and it was changed before I left. N/C 
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2009, 09:39:44 PM »

Just checked my seat after my latest trip and, yep, its torn on the right side like the other posts. Bike is going to dealer for front tire replacement and non functioning heated grips so let's add the seat to the list. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer so I'm going there with a positive outlook. Time will tell.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Tom P.

SIX38

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 Ultra Classic Ruby Red / Maroon (traded in)
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Mako Fade
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »

Just checked my seat after my latest trip and, yep, its torn on the right side like the other posts. Bike is going to dealer for front tire replacement and non functioning heated grips so let's add the seat to the list. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer so I'm going there with a positive outlook. Time will tell.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Tom P.
Glad I didn't bring the bike in for service yet, looks like I'm adding a frame reinforcement recall to the list of things to do. I'm just glad this is the beginning of winter and not summer!
Tom P.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »

Glad I didn't bring the bike in for service yet, looks like I'm adding a frame reinforcement recall to the list of things to do. I'm just glad this is the beginning of winter and not summer!
Tom P.

What's this about a frame reinforcement recall?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »

What's this about a frame reinforcement recall?
See here - Harley Recall.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JohnT.

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3 ; '08 White
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 10:43:05 PM »

Don't feel isolated guys, the '08 seat is junk also. I'm on my second seat possibly looking at a third soon..
I like the heated portion, but the leather with all the seams wears WAY to fast. I think that if it didn't have
all those seams, it would  probably work better and last longer. Probably, some college kid fresh out of
school came up with the design, (and was paid for it) and was probably not a seasoned rider, and designed this
seat because it actually looked good, but sorry to say this seat doesn't wear well, again partly because of
the seams. At this time of year, the heated seat portion is awesome, especially at 4-5 in the morning. I like it..
R/ JohnT.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 25 queries.