Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Orange Safety Vest  (Read 5089 times)

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
Re: Orange Safety Vest
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 08:57:40 PM »

Agreed there are some idiots that no matter what you do nothing will help. There are others that can be snapped back into attention just in the nick of time. The vests are for these drivers. As are bright lights, always on headlights, ect....

marshall10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHX
Re: Orange Safety Vest
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »

Some idiots on the road can not even see an 18 wheeled Peterbuilt coming, so why do you think that a vest with two square feet of orange would help? When they have their phone stuck in their ear, they pull out in front of you as they are looking you in the eye. I have been hit from behind while sitting at a stop sign two times in my life, once in 1982 and once in 1990. Both times the light was red and the idiot's did not see me OR THE STOP LIGHT THAT WAS RED FOR OVER 30 SECONDS BEFORE I WAS HIT. One of the drivers had a road map streched out over the sreering wheel trying to determine which way to turn. If they can not see you sitting on a bike, I doubt they will notice a little bit of orange on your back. IMO

this is more of what I am talking about, not standing around with a vest. how much of it is visible when on a bike (especially a tourer) and does that small patch of bright colors actually help, or are we lying to ourselves. I think that the vest is like putting a bandaid on a .50 caliber sucking chest wound, it doesn't even make you feel better.
Anyone can piss on the floor, but Chuck Norris can crap on the ceiling.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.