Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Disgusted  (Read 7989 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Disgusted
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 10:44:31 AM »

Unbelievable. Where's that great 10 year relationship when you need it? Had you gone straight at them from the start, this would have been handled with "Yes Mr. Shortdog, whatever you say Mr. Shortdog, can we do anything else for you Mr. Shortdog?" Unreal.

I would have probably handled it the same way you did and we would have both done it the wrong way. I get so sick and tired of reading these posts about crappy service at not just one or two but many, many dealerships. It's like part of their training and continuing education is how not to make themselves liable. How its always "the nature of the beast" or normal to sound, vibrate, or run like that. I think this is the rule for HD dealerships and those of us who have good ones are the exception to the rule.

I'm sure you will get it worked out to your satisfaction. But only if you push, kick and scream all along the way. I'm not sue happy either but after all you have been thru with the lies, the fraud, etc. I would have lawyer-ed up a while ago. And if I hadn't yet, as soon as the rep called my problem "ancient" I would have called one from their dealership in front of the rep. It's like they spend more money on time and chasing things then just fixing it right, as warrantied (factory or extended), from the get go.

I think my granny called that "penny wise and pound foolish".

SuperGlideSport

• Junior CVO Member
  • Been there, done that. Time to do it again!

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »

The first and last time I went to the dealer for warranty work was enough for me for a lifetime! First, the service manager complained to me about how HD screwed them over on warranty work / labor times. Then, he asked me to have them handle the next scheduled service while the bike was in so they could make some money on my visit. After I left the bike they told me they test rode it and it was actually dangerous to ride (said my wheel bearings were bad with only 8K on the clock). I told them to go ahead and replace them assuming they were under warranty. They charged me for the wheel bearings and labor because the wheels were HD accessories and not OEM. The bike was delivered with more problems than it went in with. The vibration turned out to be a thrown wheel weight. They neglected to refill the primary after draining it. The rear belt was was too tight and they left out a rear wheel IDS spacer. Was lucky to get home in one piece and ended up fixing it myself.
2015 Dyna Switchback
2023 BMW R1250RT
2015 CVO RG Ultra-Sold
Burgundy Blaze & Typhoon Maroon
2013 Road King-Sold
Anniversary Vintage Bronze & Black
2008 Softail Deluxe-Sold
Copperhead Pearl & Red Hot

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »

YAHOO!!!!
Service Manager just called and informed me that a new motor will arrive in about ten days!!
They blew air into crankcase drain Tuesday to see if there was an obstruction and got two more drops of oil to come out.
Tech also noted oil level down 1/4" in 10 miles. Factory rep stopped by and picked up all the paperwork for his submittal and said we would have an answer by Friday.
I made it plain I was at the end of my rope on this and would not be agreeable to more "tests".
Anyhow I must say he has been true to his word thus far(even with his B.S. filtered throughout our conversations), and I also will say now that the Service Manager has had a lot of positive input on getting me the new motor. Hopefully they can do the installation properly.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2010, 12:57:32 PM »

Very good, ShortDog.  Hope all ends well after all the aggrevation you've been thru with this motor.  Keep us up to date.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »

YAHOO!!!!
Service Manager just called and informed me that a new motor will arrive in about ten days!!
They blew air into crankcase drain Tuesday to see if there was an obstruction and got two more drops of oil to come out.
Tech also noted oil level down 1/4" in 10 miles. Factory rep stopped by and picked up all the paperwork for his submittal and said we would have an answer by Friday.
I made it plain I was at the end of my rope on this and would not be agreeable to more "tests".
Anyhow I must say he has been true to his word thus far(even with his B.S. filtered throughout our conversations), and I also will say now that the Service Manager has had a lot of positive input on getting me the new motor. Hopefully they can do the installation properly.

Pleased you're seeing movement toward resolution.  Can understand relief in seeing that happen.  But you began describing this in mid May.  You'd been dealing with it before then.  And it's taken Mother Harley until mid August to agree to address a problem they could have and should have dealt with both more effectively and more quickly.  Mid August.  Will be close to September before it's done.  Of course the Factory Prick Rep will think he deserves a pat on the bike for getting you handled.

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »

Hey TwoLane,
I'm trying not to let all that negativity creep up on me. However it is still there lurking. I'm thinking I'll get the new motor and whatever else they may come with as a peace offering and go from there. When all is resolved may send a letter to MoCo customer service and ask where the service part disappeared to.
Right now I'm just thrilled that something appears to be happening,if you know what I mean.
Shortdog

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 06:04:14 PM »

Glad to hear it's almost over (hopefully). I can't help but feel this is, always has been and always will be a numbers game. A certain number of folks don't ride enough so don't have or notice these challenges (whatever they may be) until after the warranty (factory) expires. Tuff for them. Then a certain number don't even complain about most things. Then out of those who do, a certain percentage will accept the BS they get handed. Then that tapers all the way down to the few who pursue it even farther but get weary of the whole process and give up. Then there are the even fewer that stick it out until a "happy medium" is met. Not what they wanted, but they will take what they can get at this point. Then there are the precious few who go all they way and get what they want. Bottom line: it's a numbers game.

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 02:44:37 PM »

Well Folks,
Hopefully this is my last post on this thread! Today at 10:00 a.m. went to Lakeland H-D and picked up my bike with a newly installed crate motor from the MoCo.
Rode about 100 miles and was pleased to have my Screamin" Eagle back between my legs rather than the Chokin' Chicken I've been riding. Still doing the break-in, but I can tell I've got a 110 again! Got some different noises but don't sound like serious problem noises, more like whispers of power about to be unleashed. In case you haven't noticed I am again a "happy camper" with a happy motor.
Thanks to Walt from H-D, Bill and Don from Lakeland H-D, and even Sandman and Glen from Lakeland Service, as Willie Nelson put it "It's been rough and rocky travelin', but we've finally landed upright on the ground"
Glad you guys have been patient with my rants on this thread.
Any of you Florida guys ever go to Sleepy Hollow outside of Floral City?
Shortdog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.