Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: What's happening to the LEO standard?  (Read 1831 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: What's happening to the LEO standard?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »

What is happening with the law enforcement standard?  It's incredable here in the Sacramento area.

We just had a Sacramento county Sherriff convicted of having a CDC (Calif. prison) guard killed in his driveway.  Felonies

Recently a CHP officer was arrested at the end of his shift for being under the influence and possession of methampetamine and then a few weeks later for soliciting for the murder of the witness against him.  His tweeker girlfriend was also arrested.  All felonies.

Over the weekend a Capt. of the CHP was arrested and hospitialized for DUI that resulted in him wrecking his personal motorcycle that caused injuries.  Another felony.

Last night a CHP officer that has worked protective custody at the state capital (a guard or driver for the Governor) fro the past two years was arrested for burglery/shoplifting of a Playstation from Target store in Vacaville. Felonies.  And he had his son with him.

What's going on? :nixweiss:

I thought I replied to this but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace... at any rate, its everywhere, and others in LE have alluded to it that it is now to protect and serve each other.... more like a big-boys club that LE agency.

I have a few honest, hard working police officers I can proudly call friends, but the general consensus is that there is a problem...

Everything from shoplifting, overtime fraud, abusive conduct, to the other side of the coin when an officers lawful order is refused, and he is subsequently arrested for UEMV because he reached in to turn off the ignition when the driver refused to.

The world is changing, and people and perceptions are changing with that....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 02:20:37 PM »

People just don't care.......example Mayor of DC goes to prison for dealing cocaine. Gets out gets re-elected.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »

I don't believe delinquency in police forces really has increased significantly, at least over here in Germany it definitely has not. Our statistics ( for some states) go back to Emperor Williams times and show no significant increase except around WW II.

It's more in the media, yes. And it has slightly changed in quality as more relatively stupid crimes get committed, theft for instance. Still the public over here seems to have the same impression as you do.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.