Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: what is the best tuner brand for 2011  (Read 7726 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: what is the best tuner brand for 2011
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »

Thanks, Did you notice a big performance difference. I had a 2002 fat boy with just bolt on parts no inside engine work. I think the Fat Boy was faster then my SESG. My bike just feels sluggish. I think it just needs to breath. I'm thinking about doing the head gaskets and the cams from Fullsac after the warranty is up. But for new I'll try just the programmer and the head pipe. I found TTS is located about 20 miles from my house so I'm going to stop by this week. Thanks for your input. Only wont to buy one programmer so it's good to see what others have done.

My seat of the pants Dyno noticed an improvement in both performance, and equally important, driveability.  Throttle response is better/smoother, TQ/HP are definitely better.  You've already got the air filter you need on the bike, so no need to change that out like in the "old days".  TTS used to make the SERT for HD, so they know what's happening.  You can always do cams and gaskets later if the bike is not doing what you want...for me, just changing the exhaust and using the canned map is plenty good enough for power, but I don't race anybody, so just wanted a little better sound, and to cool things down a bit while still maintaining decent fuel consumption.  Technically speaking, by doing just these things, you have "voided" your warranty, because it no longer meets emmisions standards...I don't know how they are about that stuff where you live.  Here, they have to prove that your modifications were the direct cause of the failure, if any.  The nice thing about the Fullsac package is that it maintains the stock look, which I happen to like, and as I said, in my opinion, it's the best bang for the buck.  The 2" cores are just right for me when it comes to the sound of the bike...I'm way past having extremely loud pipes.  Got tired of my ears ringing for two hours after a full day's ride.  The 2" cores give a nice sound at idle and when you get on it, they bark enough, but at cruising speed, they are just right...for me.  The head pipe from Fullsac is a very well made piece...fitment is perfect, and installation is easy.  I rarely let the dealer do anything to my bike, unless it is warranty work...I don't trust them to do things right, plus I like doing things myself whenever possible.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ROADROD

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 street glide
    • CVO2: 2006 v-rod yellow
    • CVO3: 2003 silver/black harley truck
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »

is the tts out yet for the 2011 softails..the last time i checked they were not available yet..same thing with the powervision..

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »

is the tts out yet for the 2011 softails..the last time i checked they were not available yet..same thing with the powervision..

From my understanding, TTS Mastertune is not model year specific, at least not for 2005 and later model years.  Perhaps you are thinking of the Rev Performance product?

TTS Mastertune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »

I think what he's talking about Terry is the HDLAN system on the Convertible, which has a different data port connection for the ECM among other things.  Pretty small volume, and until Harley migrates the system to the rest of the product line it probably won't rank high on many of these companies priority lists.  Of course I'm just guessing; perhaps the gentlemen from Fullsac or TTS would care to comment.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MyCVOHarley

• 2011 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »

I stopped by TTS today and had a chat with the owner. Vary nice gentelman and more then will to answer any questions. I DID NOT get the feeling I was bothering him at all. For that reason he is someone I would do business with. He showed me his shop and some of his toys. Vary glad I stopped by. Going to go this Steve at Fullsac for the head pipe and the TSS. I think if I have any problems I will be able to get the support I need. Thanks everyone for there input.
Fullsac 2" re-cores, Fullsac head pipe, TTS Mastertune, Cams on there way

HDernie

• My CVO 1

• CVO1: CVO Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: Porsche Cayenne 2
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 06:08:24 AM »

Hi,

I have the TTS for my 2010 Convertible. Update is easy. Get good support from local TTS reseller in Germany. I can really recommend to buy it their if you are from Germany. On the 2010 you have to remove one fuse (no 15) then for new map download. What is impressive is the reduce of oil temperature. It goes down on mine from 125 C to 95 C !!!!! I had also installed the US screaming eagle exhaust (no cats) and Harley Heavy Breather air intake for free flow. Performance and Bike /throttle response is great after this 3 mods. Regarding 2011 support I think the challenge is the new Harley BUS system ..... so far I am glad to have the "old" bike which allows me all the mods.

regards
HDErnie
Have a save ride (and fast on the Autobahn)

HDErnie

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »

I think what he's talking about Terry is the HDLAN system on the Convertible, which has a different data port connection for the ECM among other things.  Pretty small volume, and until Harley migrates the system to the rest of the product line it probably won't rank high on many of these companies priority lists.  Of course I'm just guessing; perhaps the gentlemen from Fullsac or TTS would care to comment.

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry...I've kinda been out of the loop for the last few years and trying to catch up.  Didn't know about the changes on the Convertible...will have to do some reading about this new HDLAN system.  Thanks.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.