Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycle  (Read 2524 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Freedom Cycle
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 05:19:31 PM »

......I have a friend who bought a softtail this weekend at Tilleys in NC and wanted to put some on his bike and he was told "we have them in stock but are no longer aloud to sell them, but we can put some Vance & Hines on for you" [smiley=confused5.gif]
This seems to be the case w/all H-D dealers. The MoCo has stopped selling these exhausts and it doesn't surprise me that some are left on shelves of dealership and MoCo will not allow them to be sold. I would even go as far to say that if a dealer were caught selling them they would face a stiff fine. [smiley=nervous.gif] Because of EPA and concern for noise enforcement that is plaguing our hobby some dealers will not even sell "drag pipes" anymore.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 05:29:34 PM »

I was told by my dealer at the end of May that they would not be available this time NEXT year.  I got mine on or about May 27th...they had to order, but got 'em in one day.

The part number for the pipes without end caps is #65115-98b...there are three different end caps to choose from...I got the billet slash cut...the billet ends look a lot better in my opinion than buying the other version of the pipes which are all one piece (no seperate end caps).  The end caps aren't cheap, however...the whole deal will cost you about 500 bucks or so.

The pipes sound really good...not too loud, but loud enough.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

dood...I was writing mine while you were writing yours   :)

Maybe I squeaked in under the wire?  

I think 103DerHunter had a pair for sale just before I bought mine, and I've seen a couple on e-bay as well.   Just make sure you get the B part number.

Like dood said, the epa stuff is making HD dealers say this stuff, but if you shop around, maybe you can find one who will sell 'em to you.

TTS Mastertune

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:48:49 PM »

Thanks TC

eBay does have a few of them.  is it safe to assume they will work with the stock exhaust system?  Will I still receive the benefit of a cooler engine?  This thing really runs hot.  Its really the only reason I'm ready to make the change.  Happy with sound and power, just the darn heat... [smiley=sweatdrop.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »

I was told by my dealer at the end of May that they would not be available this time NEXT year.  I got mine on or about May 27th...they had to order, but got 'em in one day.

The part number for the pipes without end caps is #65115-98b...there are three different end caps to choose from...I got the billet slash cut...the billet ends look a lot better in my opinion than buying the other version of the pipes which are all one piece (no seperate end caps).  The end caps aren't cheap, however...the whole deal will cost you about 500 bucks or so.

Those are what I got...and I am happy with them...not too loud...but enough.....I put w/chrome billet tapered end....  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:05:37 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 07:12:15 PM »

Thanks TC

eBay does have a few of them.  is it safe to assume they will work with the stock exhaust system?  Will I still receive the benefit of a cooler engine?  This thing really runs hot.  Its really the only reason I'm ready to make the change.  Happy with sound and power, just the darn heat... [smiley=sweatdrop.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]

And if you combine them with V&H true duals.........oh man.... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 09:32:01 PM »

[highlight]I was told by my dealer at the end of May that they would not be available this time NEXT year.  I got mine on or about May 27th...they had to order, but got 'em in one day.[/highlight]

TC,

My dealer also mentioned ordering a bunch of SERT's the last full week of May, as that was the official cut-off (Memorial Day) from the MoCo. They must have cut some kind of deal with the EPA to allow them to gradually phase themselves out of the "illegal tampering" business.

As for the SE mufflers, they are quieter (and more restrictive) than most of the current aftermarket muffs from V&H, etc., but I find that they have a slightly irritating sound at idle.  Once I'm rolling, they sound fine -fairly mellow at cruise, but with a decent bark when on the throttle.  

I've noticed that some of the aftermarket folks are starting to come out with quieter high-flow mufflers, probably in anticipation of crackdowns by the EPA and various local governmental agencies, so maybe those of us who would like to retain some of our hearing, and the goodwill of our neighbors, will have many more choices in the near future.  I had the chance to listen to a set of Rush mufflers last weekend at a local dealer's 15th anniversary party (Rush is manufactured in Merrillville, Indiana, which is about 15 miles from this dealer, and they had a display of mufflers and a set on a touring bike at the party), and if I decide in the future to change mufflers I am thinking strongly of going that way. They have three sizes of baffles (removable) so you can tune the volume and flow to your preferences, they are straight thru with fibreglass packing (no metallic sound), and appear to be very well made (heavy, but with an 840 lb. bike what's a few extra pounds?).  The display bike had the standard baffle, and had a much deeper sound at idle and on the throttle than my SE's, without being obnoxiously loud.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 10:09:52 PM »

jegomez,

You have the Harley mufflers with the V&H true duals, right?  Are running the stock air cleaner and ECU?

Did the V&H true duals solve the heat issue?  I'm with UltraPolecat, this is one very hot bike.  Anything approaching 90 degrees and if you aren't moving your burning you a$$.

DakotaZeb

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 11:10:04 PM »

jegomez,

You have the Harley mufflers with the V&H true duals, right?  Are running the stock air cleaner and ECU?

Did the V&H true duals solve the heat issue?  I'm with UltraPolecat, this is one very hot bike.  [highlight]Anything approaching 90 degrees and if you aren't moving your burning you a$$[/highlight].

DakotaZeb
Hey DZ, the '04 SEEGs are exactly like that if the lowers are on.....full lowers, not cut away or vented as they did in '05.   HOT!  Unless you're moving at hwy speeds....then 'just tolerable'.  Gotta remove the lowers in 90+ degree days.  The Twin Cams run hotter than the EVO's anyway and then it gets bigger......  Runs great after the sun goes down.  Har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 12:50:37 AM »

I don't know if the end caps have anything to do with the sound, but I'm liking the way mine sound, even at idle...they'll bark, but at highway speeds you can still hear the stereo fine, and they've got a nice mellow sound.  They slip on to the stock pipes, but to get the most out of this setup, you'll need the A/C and the download for the stock ECM.

Cooler?  I don't have anything to compare it to, since mine were put on before delivery.  The vented lowers work fine when you're moving, but sitting in traffic, this motor puts off some heat, and I don't think removing the lowers would help a lot. When it's 95 degrees here, and you're sitting on asphalt in traffic, it's probably 110, so engine heat is gonna' be felt.  Even then, if I can roll at all, it gets OK.  

Glad to hear that they're coming out with more pipes that aren't so damn loud, as I think the "man" is going to start paying more attention to that sort of thing in the not too distant future.  The SE mufflers are just fine for me for the time being, and they might add just a little juice to the motor, but you could certainly get more by going other routes.  But, I wouldn't put them on without the A/C kit, preferably 'Roll your own', and at least the download.  I'm having no start problems, and no problems on deceleration.  I was behind a Glide not long ago with Rhineharts and the thing was popping bad on decel...I don't think I could live with that.

TTS Mastertune

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

jegomez,

Did the V&H true duals solve the heat issue?  I'm with UltraPolecat, this is one very hot bike.  Anything approaching 90 degrees and if you aren't moving your burning you a$$.

DakotaZeb

Yes Dakota......I have the Harley mufflers (65115-98B      SE PRO PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS) with V&H true duals and the 32107-01D      SE PRO EFI RACE TUNER & 29440-99C      SE PRO AIR CLEANER AND BREATHER KIT

About the hot issue....see the Spyder comments....Thaks & Ride Safe.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

Hey DZ, the '04 SEEGs are exactly like that if the lowers are on.....full lowers, not cut away or vented as they did in '05.   HOT!  Unless you're moving at hwy speeds....then 'just tolerable'.  Gotta remove the lowers in 90+ degree days.  The Twin Cams run hotter than the EVO's anyway and then it gets bigger......  Runs great after the sun goes down.  Har!  [smiley=drink.gif] spyder

Agreed with you amigo.... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 09:15:23 AM »

I don't know if the end caps have anything to do with the sound, but I'm liking the way mine sound, even at idle...they'll bark, but at highway speeds you can still hear the stereo fine, and they've got a nice mellow sound.  They slip on to the stock pipes, but to get the most out of this setup, you'll need the A/C and the download for the stock ECM.

Cooler?  I don't have anything to compare it to, since mine were put on before delivery.  The vented lowers work fine when you're moving, but sitting in traffic, this motor puts off some heat, and I don't think removing the lowers would help a lot. When it's 95 degrees here, and you're sitting on asphalt in traffic, it's probably 110, so engine heat is gonna' be felt.  Even then, if I can roll at all, it gets OK.  

Glad to hear that they're coming out with more pipes that aren't so damn loud, as I think the "man" is going to start paying more attention to that sort of thing in the not too distant future.  The SE mufflers are just fine for me for the time being, and they might add just a little juice to the motor, but you could certainly get more by going other routes.  But, I wouldn't put them on without the A/C kit, preferably 'Roll your own', and at least the download.  I'm having no start problems, and no problems on deceleration.  I was behind a Glide not long ago with Rhineharts and the thing was popping bad on decel...I don't think I could live with that.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.