Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Speaker output on the 2011  (Read 2151 times)

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 conv
Re: Speaker output on the 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:02 AM »

Thanks for the report on the FiiO E11 and am curious how the road test works.  So what you have done is hooked up your Iphone 4 to the Fiio via a cable (I'll use a F9 since I also have an Ipad 2) then the FiiO to the bike's amp via the cable on the bike.  Other reviews on that Fiio E11 seen very positive too.

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »

I'll post a picture of the set up for you.

cliffy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »

I've just tested the FiiO E5 mini amplifier on a short run. I tried it at speeds up to about 90mph and it was surprisingly audible with my V&H Pro Pipe. Without the amplifier the Nano was useless above 50mph. The sound quality is OK (good enough). I've not yet tried the Bass boost switch. Anyway I'm happy with the improvement. The E5 is also about half the price of the E11 amplifier in the UK. I'll be giving it a more thorough test this weekend on a 1000 mile ride.

The unit itself is fractionally larger than the Nano, but the two easily fit side by side in the windscreen compartment. A short and a longer connecting cable is supplied with the unit. I've attached a picture of the two units connected.

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:32 AM »

Here's a pic of the Fii0 E11 hooked to my Nano. I wanted to try the Nano first to see if the smaller device with the amp would perform. I'm very pleased with the road test. Was riding 55 miles an hour and the sound was clear and had depth. What I didn't like prior to the amp was that at 55 plus mph I lost most of the low and mid range and it was just tinty and irritating. (I listen to a lot of music and I'm a bit of a sound connoisseur so this really bugged me.)

My goal with the iPhone 4 is to use the iPod app for riding and the downloaded MapQuest app for my GPS. The MapQuest app gives audible directions (it does visual as well if I chose to mount it to the handlebars). The cool thing about the MapQuest app is that it reduces the sound of the iPod when it needs to give me directions and then turns the sound back up.

So that's my geek post of the morning.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:41:10 AM by cvoleo »

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »

As a follow up. I chose 55 mph instead of 65 because at 55 I'm still in 5th gear and that's louder than the bike at 65 in 6th gear. So I decided to have more engine noise to contend with for the test instead of wind noise.

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »

Thanks for the replies and mine is on order.  The pics were very helpful to get an idea of the size next to the nano.  I also did not like losing the music above 50 mph.  Now if they would just get the new windshield and deflectors in stock.............

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »

Thanks for the replies and mine is on order.  The pics were very helpful to get an idea of the size next to the nano.  I also did not like losing the music above 50 mph.  Now if they would just get the new windshield and deflectors in stock.............

What did you decide on?

jjohn581

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »

Ordered same set up as you have, the Fii0 E11. It is coming with an extra battery.  I also have some portable speakers I use with my Ipod/Iphone and wanted the amp for that.  I like the idea of using Mapquest app with my Iphone to try out.  I still have my Zumo 550 that I used on my Fatboy and will probably upgrade to the 660 or 665 when I order the new windshield.  The Zumo was nice because I could bluetooth my phone and the GPS to the Sena intercom system that I used with several of my other riding buddies.  The negative was that the 550 did not send any of the mp3 music by bluetooth in stereo so I had to plug my nano into the headset. 

cvoleo

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 01:53:08 PM »

Sounds great. Let me know what you think.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.