Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: push me over  (Read 5676 times)

jeepaholic

Re: push me over
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »

Well shoot
so here I am ready to go buy this beauty and do more reading :oops:. Now I hear that the 2013 cvo may have the 120r motor. :orange: so now I am wondering if I should wait a few months to find out....

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »

Where did you hear that one???

I am waiting for the turbo diesel model with twin stacks and rattlers on top...    :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

Seriously, I was considering putting in the 120R motor in an Ultra, before I found out just how good this 110 is...  :coolblue:  On my end, I hear that the 120R has NO warranty as it is a drag motor only, and is not EPA compliant so illegal for the road.   So am I missing something?  :nixweiss:

Mind you, my 110 is so good, not sure I need or really want more, mine feels like a Factory Balanced job, good on the low end and high end and smooth, smooth, smooth... :-*

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:10 AM »

Well shoot
so here I am ready to go buy this beauty and do more reading :oops:. Now I hear that the 2013 cvo may have the 120r motor. :orange: so now I am wondering if I should wait a few months to find out....

I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket.  In it's current form, it's not a street legal motor.  But, anything is possible.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

I  had a 2006 Ultra Clasic in dragonfly green and the usual mods that I thought was the cats meow. Until I rode a 2010 Ultra with the news chasis... Started saving my cash to purchase a "regular" 2011 Ultra Classic and was waiting for spring to make the deal....Then HD released the 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 and instantly the plan changed, I wanted that bike!! Did the usual "that's a LOT of money for a motorcycle" talking inside my head and when I told my wife I wasn't sure about spending 36K+ on a bike and maybe a "regular" ultra would be fine.......She knew it wouldn't be. Bought the CVO and we are loving it :orange:

No regrets at all, the CVO is worth every on of those pennies.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2011, 08:15:03 PM »

I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket.  In it's current form, it's not a street legal motor.  But, anything is possible.

Agree.  Hence the "r" for racing, in the engines designator.  I'm not sure they could get the 120r to meet EPA standards.  Which is why, IMO, they added "r" to cover their legal butts.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

CityLights

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: FLHCUSE7
    • CVO3: FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 08:28:36 AM »

" What was your deciding factor that got you to pony up the cash??? " Good question . Took me four years to pull the trigger. Had a hard time justifying spending 37k + on a CVO . Deciding factor was  "regrets ". I did not want to be in the position of buying a new Ultra Classic and every time I see a CUSE  I would "regret" not buying one. I didn't want to be in that world . Bought a CUSE7 ,,,,, no regrets .
Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope , soft underfoot , without sudden turnings , without milestones , without signpost's.

260SCRMR

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 CUSE3 Crystal Copper/Black Onyx 105th Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »

Well shoot

Hey jeepaaholic, I've been following this thread to see if you pull the trigger. It's been a couple weeks since your last post and only a week before
Christmas. Have you decided it's going to be a CVO Christmas?
True Dual Dresser Headpipes
2" Fullsac Power Cores
Stage 1 Chrome A/C
S.E. Super Tuner
Dyno Tune-Brandts HD

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »

Yea, stayin tuned in.....   :vrolijk_11:

Seems to me, that even if finance is tight, even if you have to save up for another whole YEAR...  You get the bike you really want, not sitting on the one you could have now and getting distracted by looking at the one you wanted, when ever it shows up..

At 60 next year, I can give you the benefit of experience on this:  It is like lifes regrets remembered, are not the ones you gave a try that did not work out... That is just life.... Life's real regrets are the things you wished you'd had a go at and did not.  The things you really wished you had tried but didn't-Those are the ones sorely remembered...  Heh he... Good luck, and tell us how you go...

Youth on the other hand, is impulsive and grabs what it can RIGHT NOW.. But as it matures, Youth realizes that some of the best things are really worth waiting for.  such was my four month wait for BIG BLUE to get to Australia..  Worth it...!!  Now 9200 kms in 4 1/2 months...

jeepaholic

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 08:38:20 PM »

so I found a used 2009 cvo ultra..Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue 49k miles the previous owner has taken great care of this bike and has done all the recommended services...Wonder if I should be worried about the millage?

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2011, 03:23:23 AM »

so I found a used 2009 cvo ultra..Stardust Silver and Twilight Blue 49k miles the previous owner has taken great care of this bike and has done all the recommended services...Wonder if I should be worried about the millage?

if it went that long you should be fine.... just open the cam chest and inspect cam/lifters/cam bearings/chain/tensioners...

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2011, 03:21:56 PM »

For me it's strickly emotional!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.