Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New SG is very hot  (Read 8602 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: New SG is very hot
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 08:31:48 PM »

that's a brilliant idea. Are they easy to remove? I barely need them as I'm in South Florida and there aren't that many cold days.

Very easy to remove.  Refer to the attached drawing, you need to go in through the glovebox opening and remove the nut (#7 in the drawing).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

xsdbs

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Street Glide
    • Vincent's Web Page
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »

Very easy to remove.  Refer to the attached drawing, you need to go in through the glovebox opening and remove the nut (#7 in the drawing).
Jerry
The speaker is where the glovebox opening is, but you don't have to get to the nut from the "top".
You can reach up under (a flashlight helps) to loosen the nut, I seem to remember a 7/16 wrench fits.

When the nut and bolt and plastic spacers come out, there is a "guide slot" on the top of the vent door that limits how far the door can open and close.
Sometimes it can be slid off of the "guide pin",  sometimes(in my case) it can't.
I ended up using a sidecutter to "snip" the middle of guide slot the top of the vent door, so it would slide off of the guide pin.

Hope this helps...  
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:56:32 AM by xsdbs »

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

If you have the capability you can cut back the door and it works better than taking them off and you don't lose any functionality.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »

that's a brilliant idea. Are they easy to remove? I barely need them as I'm in South Florida and there aren't that many cold days.

I removed mine and still take the lowers off in the summer months.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:55 AM »

i removed my vent doors too...  I can leave the lowers on and Im good,, even in the summer....but,, I have a good tune and no cat..   maybe the andrews54s help also?    i have focals in there,, so I am glad i get to keep them on.. :D

Bigkoh58

• CVO1: 2007 FLHX / 103
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »

I have a 2012 FLHXSE3 that seems to run a lot hotter than my previous 2007 SG
I have already made significant changes to this bike by adding a Fuel Moto head pipe, CFR mufflers, Woods 777 cams & Zippers Thunder Max EFI self tuning module   Someone help me please !!!! I'm burning up  :-*

Toddster

• It is what it is

• CVO1: 2012 CVO screamin eagle street glide,107 hp 121tq C&C seat distressed tobacco and ostrich print, orange stitching, rider and passenger backrests Wiseco 10.5 pistons, hot citrus and antique gunstock, heads ported by tman, tts tuner, full-sac pipes 2" cores, tuned by Doc
    • CVO2: 2008 non cvo ultra two tone red, 103 big bore kit, screamin eagle 10.5 to 1 pistons, .3 gasket, screamin eagle factory cnc ported heads, 254e cam, tuner, dynoed, mustang touring seat, 4 focal speakers, arc amp, reinhart slip on, fullsac xpipe,color matched inner fairing, tourpak and bag color matched spoilers, chomed front end, floorboard extenders, luggage rack, hd two in one mirrors, hi intensity led headlight,french bezels on all lights front and rear, chrome levers, derby, primary, timing covers hd collection,oil cooler, hi flow oil pump, 15" windshield
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »

All i can say about this issue is "Boy howdy!"  This is my eighth harley and i rode along the beach yesterday and i chit you not when i got home i had a sunburn on my right calf. Shouldnt have worn shorts!!!!   Im hoping Docs magic will remedy this. 

But i gotta wonder why the MOCO ships these this way

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »

All i can say about this issue is "Boy howdy!"  This is my eighth harley and i rode along the beach yesterday and i chit you not when i got home i had a sunburn on my right calf. Shouldnt have worn shorts!!!!   Im hoping Docs magic will remedy this. 

But i gotta wonder why the MOCO ships these this way

Simple... The EPA.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.