Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: First time this has happened to me on a Harley....?  (Read 2437 times)

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

• CVO1: 2012 CVO RGC "Dirty Skunk"
Re: First time this has happened to me on a Harley....?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

might have been something as simple that the bike could not tell your security fob was near so it did nothing

Hopefully, but just odd, my Fob is always on me personally and in the same place every time........

If it happens again I will take it to get checked out but if not no biggie.........

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »

Hopefully, but just odd, my Fob is always on me personally and in the same place every time........

If it happens again I will take it to get checked out but if not no biggie.........
Same here.  But for some reason I guess the fob had just not registered when I pressed the start button and nothing happened.  After a few seconds and another try everything was fine.  I'm not sure but I think when I stood the bike up off the side stand the alarm may have squaked for just a split second which would indicate that the security system had not yet recognized the fob.

Electronics, go figure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 02:03:46 PM »

Here you go:  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harley-dtc/id460444299?mt=8

Not free - $1.99 but well worth it imo.   :2vrolijk_21:

It's on my phone now....Thanks!

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

Same here.  But for some reason I guess the fob had just not registered when I pressed the start button and nothing happened.  After a few seconds and another try everything was fine.  I'm not sure but I think when I stood the bike up off the side stand the alarm may have squaked for just a split second which would indicate that the security system had not yet recognized the fob.

Electronics, go figure.

Funny how with more technology come more issues.......... :huepfenlol2:

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

I have had this happen a few times with the key fob in my pocket. BLUU acts like I'm going to steal the bike and chirps at me. I go to start it and nothing happens so I hold my head in a different angle and mumble a few words of encouragement to BLUU and he starts right up. Never have been able to figure this issue out so I just keep riding and talking to BLUU!! :P :2vrolijk_21:
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »

I have had this happen a few times with the key fob in my pocket. BLUU acts like I'm going to steal the bike and chirps at me. I go to start it and nothing happens so I hold my head in a different angle and mumble a few words of encouragement to BLUU and he starts right up. Never have been able to figure this issue out so I just keep riding and talking to BLUU!! :P :2vrolijk_21:

When BLUU talks back it's time to seek help....... :huepfenlol2:

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »

My riding buddy had a similer problem the other day , I said fob battery, put my bat in his fob fired right up. Who knows ? :nixweiss:
My favorite color is chrome

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »

My riding buddy had a similer problem the other day , I said fob battery, put my bat in his fob fired right up. Who knows ? :nixweiss:
Sunspots.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2012, 07:16:45 PM »

I'm sure glad Harley wasn't the designer and vendor for all those keyless systems being used by various automotive companies these days.  Not only wouldn't the car start, but the truly keyless ones wouldn't even let you open the door and get in.  I'm pretty certain the auto folks aren't having these problems, because we all know how quickly such failures would become the lead story on the nightly news if they were occurring.  Not to mention the lawsuits.

More than a few people reported issues in the first couple years after the introduction of the buttonless fobs by Harley.  I know some felt it was related to electronic interference, since the problem seemed to occur only when they were in a particular area. :nixweiss:

Next time this happens, see if you can enter your personal security code and get the bike to respond that way.  That might help tell you if it really is a fob related problem, or some other electrical gremlin.  Either way, I'd suggest getting it on record with the dealer and H-D that you are having this problem.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fire-Medic

• Full CVO Member
  • Bad Monkey

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »

I'm sure glad Harley wasn't the designer and vendor for all those keyless systems being used by various automotive companies these days.  Not only wouldn't the car start, but the truly keyless ones wouldn't even let you open the door and get in.  I'm pretty certain the auto folks aren't having these problems, because we all know how quickly such failures would become the lead story on the nightly news if they were occurring.  Not to mention the lawsuits.

More than a few people reported issues in the first couple years after the introduction of the buttonless fobs by Harley.  I know some felt it was related to electronic interference, since the problem seemed to occur only when they were in a particular area. :nixweiss:

Next time this happens, see if you can enter your personal security code and get the bike to respond that way.  That might help tell you if it really is a fob related problem, or some other electrical gremlin.  Either way, I'd suggest getting it on record with the dealer and H-D that you are having this problem.

Jerry

That's not a bad idea, I will try that "if" it happens again, hopefully it won't lol.

As for getting it on record, that's not a bad idea either.

FM  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.