Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Close Encounters of A Deer Kind!  (Read 6487 times)

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
Re: Close Encounters of A Deer Kind!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »

Thank you.  Just finished laughing until my eyes leaked thinking back on a time I was a bigger idiot than normal.  Was on a trip to Oz quite a few years ago and the trip had me and some others out somewhere at what I guess was the edge of the Tanami/Simpson area.  Up late one night after a long and hard day I had imbibed an adult beverage or several and knew I was... well.... perhaps immoderately impaired.

Then, by the shadow of the fire, I see a camel.  One humper.  Except I didn't know Oz had camels.  My mates off doing other things for a bit it's just me, the fire and its shadows and this camel.  He walks through like he owns the place then goes his merry way.  I was blown away....
That's funny! A simular thing happened to me when we first moved to the country about 15 years ago. Sitting in my front yard having a coolie and I heard this slapping noise coming down the road. My neighbor from across the road had about 20 guines that started raising hell!  Then the next thing I see is this BIG BIRD running across my yard? I like to fell out!! ;D It was a Emu!! First thought I had was " Oh my God!! There's an Ostrich in my yard!! I love the country!!"

catsnhogs

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »

It seems that I have seen more deer and other critters where I live than ever before.  Its not only deer there are more turkeys, racoons, possums, coyotes, bears and elk than ever before.  The reclaimed surface coal mines in the central appalachian region create great wildlife habitat and this has contributed to the explosion of wildlife in the area.  My wife and I were riding last Saturday evening and went on about 50 mile loop and we seen deer within 30 feet of the road on 3 separate occasions.  I guess we need to constantly remind ourslelves to keep our eyes peeled to all potential hazards on the road whether they have 2 or 4 legs.

Ride Safe

PierceEye

• Living The Life In Florida
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8-ANV
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »

This was posted on here somewhere

FLHTCUSE8-Anv w/ Vance & Hines true dual Ovals
88.85hp & 109.33tq tuned with the SE Pro Super Tuner

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

This was posted on here somewhere

:o + me =  :drink:.............. :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.