Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Highway 1  (Read 2928 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Highway 1
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

D00d,

There's a bunch of us who live out here who would gladly show you around, even a place to crash.  Come on out!
Ernie,
Appreciate the invite. Retirement will be here soon (maybe sooner then I thought), and I will definitely take you and the others in that area up on your offers of hospitality. One of my life long dream rides has been to ride from coast to coast taking northern route one way and the southern route the other to catch as many of the 48 states as possible. Would be really nice to coordinate this trip around some major rallies also. Ideas that I had been playing with was being on the west coast in time to do Hollister, tour up and down west coast, start heading east in time to do Sturgis. What would really be nice is if I could coordinate a visit to all three MoCo Facitilites (Milwaukee, Kansas, and York) in this trip also that would the topping on the cake. Guess I'm reliving my younger days of "Then Came Bronson", funny how things can influence you/your lifestyle when you are young, and some of them are even good. :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »

Ernie,
Appreciate the invite. [highlight]Retirement[/highlight] will be here soon (maybe sooner then I thought), and I will definitely take you and the others in that area up on your offers of hospitality. One of my life long dream rides has been to ride from coast to coast taking northern route one way and the southern route the other to catch as many of the 48 states as possible. Would be really nice to coordinate this trip around some major rallies also. Ideas that I had been playing with was being on the west coast in time to do Hollister, tour up and down west coast, start heading east in time to do Sturgis. What would really be nice is if I could coordinate a visit to all three MoCo Facitilites (Milwaukee, Kansas, and York) in this trip also that would the topping on the cake. Guess I'm reliving my younger days of "Then Came Bronson", funny how things can influence you/your lifestyle when you are young, and some of them are even good. :)
 [smiley=pumpkin.gif]Ride Safe,Fired00d [smiley=fireman.gif]

Sturgis '07, CVO Western in Nelson '07, HWY 1 '07, Route 66 '07......mmmm, retirement isn't looking all that bad for the d00derator [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »

...catch as [highlight]many of the 48 states [/highlight]as possible. Would be really nice to coordinate this trip around some major rallies also. Ideas that I had been playing with was being on the west coast in time to do Hollister, tour up and down west coast, start heading east in time to do Sturgis. What would really be nice is if I could coordinate a visit to [highlight]all three MoCo Facitilites[/highlight] (Milwaukee, Kansas, and York) in this trip also that would the topping on the cake. Guess I'm reliving my younger days of "Then Came Bronson", funny how things can influence you/your lifestyle when you are young, and some of them are even good. :)

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

C'mon!  You have to add in Alaska!  I keep that pic in my signature for a reason...I am really, seriously, toying with the idea of shipping the Bike to Anchorage and riding to Nelson, BC from there over nine days!  And on the way back, making sure to stop in Kansas City for the third factory tour!

Three weeks I would need but if I line up everything at work, it would be possible.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 05:13:19 PM »

Looks great Mike, I did the same thing a few years back and wound up pulling into the garage at about 2 am cause we couldn't find a room anywhere near the coast.
I'm due for another coast trip, Maybe the next heat wave that comes through Gina and I will head for the coast to cool off.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 07:43:51 PM »

Looks great Mike, I did the same thing a few years back and wound up pulling into the garage at about 2 am cause we couldn't find a room anywhere near the coast.
I'm due for another coast trip, Maybe the next heat wave that comes through Gina and I will head for the coast to cool off.

Say when!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 09:52:50 PM »

Mike, nice write up and pictures.  Was out there this past March and knew of most of the places you mentioned.  Beautiful area.

cigarmike

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 10:33:19 PM »

We'd love to do this again, maybe make some reservations down in big sur ahead of time would be nice. Stay the night and then head down all the way to San Luis Obispo, stop at Pismo beach etc. so many things to see on the coast.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:38:06 PM by cigarmike »

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:04 PM »

We'd love to do this again, maybe make some reservations down in big sur ahead of time would be nice. Stay the night and then head down all the way to San Luis Obispo, stop at Pismo beach etc. so many things to see on the coast.

Do I see a group ride (like the Quincy weekend)?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 11:32:57 PM »

Do I see a group ride (like the Quincy weekend)?

I'm in! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

cigarmike

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »

Looks like I will have to cancell your addition Jim?....hehe

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 01:04:29 AM »

Looks like I will have to cancell your addition Jim?....hehe

Uhh .......NOT! ;D

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 03:08:50 PM »

Mike great pics. Thanks for sharing. I would love to do that ride some day.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.296 seconds with 26 queries.