Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Engine Performance Mods.  (Read 3390 times)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Engine Performance Mods.
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »

Looking for hp over 110 and torque in the late 120s, early 130s!
Needs to be parts install and tune, no major machine work! Tune in Dubai after fitting parts,
Looking for all the bits I need to get it sorted hear in Dubai, want to get the work done in one go so if it's advantageous to me to do it in one go and Do it now!
Want to buy the whole lot in one go! No afterthoughts!
Shifting below 4500rpm! Don't want to have to hit 6k to feel the power!
Reliable, good fun, no drammas! Can be used as a everyday ride if wanted!
Not to get stupid with price but want to spend now rather than have regrets later!
Let me know what you advise and options you have available!
Thanks,
Charlie

If you want that low-end power then the Wood 400 will do it.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:19 PM »

If you want that low-end power then the Wood 400 will do it.
Thanks, ill have a look at the 400,
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 07:19:49 AM »

don't put a cent in parts (other than chrome) before you know for sure who will provide a good dynotune for you. And don't just rely in any sort of "autotune" or "smarttune". Our local guys are really good with the SEPST but after I had my heads and manifold worked over it was beyond their capacities. I got a good dynotune - there are some (very few) over here who really can do that nowadays. But after an accident I just changed the exhaust to a newer verson of the same manufacturer - again to much to be smarttuned.

If you can't find a really good tuner stick to Harley's packages wich SEPST delivers the appropriate maps for. Don't even change a single component.
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »

don't put a cent in parts (other than chrome) before you know for sure who will provide a good dynotune for you. And don't just rely in any sort of "autotune" or "smarttune". Our local guys are really good with the SEPST but after I had my heads and manifold worked over it was beyond their capacities. I got a good dynotune - there are some (very few) over here who really can do that nowadays. But after an accident I just changed the exhaust to a newer verson of the same manufacturer - again to much to be smarttuned.

If you can't find a really good tuner stick to Harley's packages wich SEPST delivers the appropriate maps for. Don't even change a single component.
Hi Kraut,
Thanks for your feedback,
You are not the first to say that, and to be honest the HD guys are pushing me hard towards the SE 110 Pro Race Kit with the 259e cams etc! ill call in and see them again over the weekend and see what the dyno charts look like for this set up,
Cheers,
Charlie
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 10:11:46 AM »

you might be better off with a 103 stage 4 - no taking the case apart - no machining the case - fewer known issues. you need compression releases to start regardless and good gas.

one thing to note - the 110 uses odd base gaskets - so once you make it 110 you cant do much else without a new case or custom machining.

i "think" the current file is US_SE13_Full.pdf"

it lists the stage kits - and has dyno charts to go with them. i think the part number they are showing is 27548-10a it has lower torque than a stock 110 at 2000 and above the rest of the way up.

110 stage iii peak of 110 ft pounds at 4k rpm..
103 stage iii peak of 108 ft pounds at 4k rpm..

if you WANT to take the case apart  the 113 kit gets 120 ft pounds peak at 4000 rpm.

or of course a 120 r.

to

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »

you might be better off with a 103 stage 4 - no taking the case apart - no machining the case - fewer known issues. you need compression releases to start regardless and good gas.

one thing to note - the 110 uses odd base gaskets - so once you make it 110 you cant do much else without a new case or custom machining.

it lists the stage kits - and has dyno charts to go with them. i think the part number they are showing is 27548-10a it has lower torque than a stock 110 at 2000 and above the rest of the way up.

if you WANT to take the case apart  the 113 kit gets 120 ft pounds peak at 4000 rpm.

or of course a 120 r.

to
Hi Timo,
The kit i mentioned was the HD kit specifically for the 110 motor, as you said, the 27548-10a, SE 110 Pro Race Kit with the 259e cams - high comp pistons 10.5:1 etc, the only poss problem i can see with this kit is i think its going to be too far to the right for what im looking for!
120r motor is an option! i did contact a couple of HD dealers and they said they wouldnt ship to me in Dubai!
Dont mind spending $5000 on a 120r from the States but if i take it from the Dubai dealer they want $10000!
Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

or of course a 120 r.

to
Hi Timo,
The kit i mentioned was the HD kit specifically for the 110 motor, as you said, the 27548-10a, SE 110 Pro Race Kit with the 259e cams - high comp pistons 10.5:1 etc, the only poss problem i can see with this kit is i think its going to be too far to the right for what I'm looking for!
120r motor is an option! i did contact a couple of HD dealers and they said they wouldn't ship to me in Dubai!
Don't mind spending $5000 on a 120r from the States but if i take it from the Dubai dealer they want $10000!
Thanks,
Charlie

cherryseeg2

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • J&B Performance Cycles
    • TN

• CVO1: 2003 Deuce traded for CVO 2
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »

if you WANT to take the case apart  the 113 kit gets 120 ft pounds peak at 4000 rpm.

or of course a 120 r.

to
He's already got a 110.

Do you have an S&S dealer there?  If so maybe look at the 124.
2005 SEEG2 J&B Performance 120 -163/144

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »

He's already got a 110.

Do you have an S&S dealer there?  If so maybe look at the 124.
No S&S Dealer!
The only dealer we have is the official HD dealer, hence i ship everthing from the States!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »

The "kit" they are pushing will give you bigger peak numbers, but at higher RPM.  The TQ curve will certainly move to the right.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »

The "kit" they are pushing will give you bigger peak numbers, but at higher RPM.  The TQ curve will certainly move to the right.
Hi Midnight Star,
Thats what i was afraid of!
The Convertibles looking pretty much as i want it to now and also rides great, the Rinehart Crossback Exhaust and SEPST are going on it at the weekend so maybe ill feel different about her when she at least sounds like a Harley!
Maybe I'm better off just keeping the motor stock! its a great bike anyway!
I can always start building my project bike with a crate 120r or S&S124 if i feel i need to!
Got a buddy who's just starting a Softail Springer project, hes going to drop the S & S 132 x Wedge in her! that should be fun!!
Thanks Again,
Charlie

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »

Hi Midnight Star,
Thats what i was afraid of!
The Convertibles looking pretty much as i want it to now and also rides great, the Rinehart Crossback Exhaust and SEPST are going on it at the weekend so maybe ill feel different about her when she at least sounds like a Harley!
Maybe I'm better off just keeping the motor stock! its a great bike anyway!
I can always start building my project bike with a crate 120r or S&S124 if i feel i need to!
Got a buddy who's just starting a Softail Springer project, hes going to drop the S & S 132 x Wedge in her! that should be fun!!
Thanks Again,
Charlie

With the exhaust change and if they do a decent tune, you will definitely feel a seat of the pants difference in performance with just those items.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

clubbie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 06:51:27 PM »

See post #31 for dyno results on both the stock 255 and the 259E with 10.5 pistons (intake/tb/pipes etc). http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83559.30

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 09:51:39 PM »

With the exhaust change and if they do a decent tune, you will definitely feel a seat of the pants difference in performance with just those items.
I hope so!
one thing i now pretty sure of is its going to be better than before and still running great!
Thanks for all your advice, cant wait for Saturday to come!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.