Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking for "Dark Tint" taller winscreen  (Read 2470 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Looking for "Dark Tint" taller winscreen
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

While I know many here are big fans of Clearview (and sounds like a great product), I do have 3 of the fastaire windshields. I can attest to their quality. Better yet is their service, but not to be outdone is the price ( avg.$ 27-37)! If looking for high quality bargain, this is it!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

A big thumbs up to Fastaire!
Talk to Jim, he's the man.
I have a couple of each he sells.
PLUS, when I replace them I cut them to cover the tag.
Nice tinted look on the tag.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 03:31:43 PM »

I was in the exact situation as you.  I loved the look of the shorty windscreen yet there wasn't enough wind protection.  I opted for a HD 9" "smoked" windscreen.  I liked the height of the windscreen, but not the looks.  The HD is almost clear.  I just ordered the same height windscreen from Clearview, but it is definitely darker.  I am much happier with the looks and based on what Clearview told me, the tint is in the material, not an application.  I will take some pics and post.  I am very happy with their product and they were great to deal with.  They even give a discount to forum members.  I would strongly suggest you check them out.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »

Ran across this in a catalog I received today - not sure how dark the dark tint is, but it is offered in light smoke and dark smoke, 6 inch or 8 inch height:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

cigarmike

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 11:00:11 AM »

You cant go wrong with the clearview, very solid windshield, also with the euro-lip, you dont need as tall a shield as with the others,....they are making one now that is 6 ", and also a black one, so if you like the look of the stock shield, and only need maybe a slightly taller one, then you may be able to get away with the 6" clearview. The 6" euro-lip gives you the same protection as an 8" or 9". They come in clear, smoked, and Black.
Ive been running the 8" on mine (Im 6'4" plus change), but am getting a 9.5" for the winter. I am also ordering the 6" for when I want to look cool.  8-)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

Most windshield manufacturers don't offer tall windshields in really dark colors because of the liability they would incur...a tall, dark tinted windshield would be impossible to see through at night.  Really, nobody should be looking THROUGH a windshield, but over the top.  That is one thing that makes the Clearview so nice, you still get the protection of a taller screen because of the lip, but can see over the top without any problem.  I've got the 8" (9.5" overall) Clearview and I'm 5'8"...can see over the top without any problem, but protects like a much taller shield which I would not be able to see over.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.