Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Seats  (Read 5922 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Seats
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »

Put a Hammock seat on my '09 SECU about 2yrs ago. Love it. Best riding seat I ever had with the exception of Mustang Dual Tour.......the heated version of it was $$$$.

Guess I should have mentioned the seat was made for a 2012
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:23:42 AM by 2ksoftail »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »

Well the OEM hammock seat on my 09'SEUC sucked, so I replaced it with a 2012 Hammock seat from a SEUC. Fit my rear better and looked a lot better IMO. I say ride the 2014 seat for 500 or 1000 miles or so then decide if you need to change.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »

Personally I don't fit the '13 hammock seat very well. I have been looking for the right seat, one built for skinny and bony arses, but haven't  found it yet. The hammock seat is wide at the nose and the base flexes too much making it cup me and the boys, after just a short while I start squirming and tugging. I have been using an Airhawk-R pad, makes the seat bearable but it raises me up a little bit more than I want to be and I don't feel as solid on the seat as I would like to be. Will probably get a Corbin, have one on my Beemer that is comfortable but it is a different seating posture altogether.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »

Personally I don't fit the '13 hammock seat very well. I have been looking for the right seat, one built for skinny and bony arses, but haven't  found it yet. The hammock seat is wide at the nose and the base flexes too much making it cup me and the boys, after just a short while I start squirming and tugging. I have been using an Airhawk-R pad, makes the seat bearable but it raises me up a little bit more than I want to be and I don't feel as solid on the seat as I would like to be. Will probably get a Corbin, have one on my Beemer that is comfortable but it is a different seating posture altogether.

Art, before you buy anything, come over and sit on my Corbin DualTour, and on my Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage. Both suit my bony little butt just fine. The Corbin sits me down a good inch or two lower than the Mustang, but both are "all day" seats for me! Corbin's take awhile to break in to each backside though.

I tried a Hammock and HATED it. Sat me up too high and the throat was way too wide for me. Didn't have room for the Boyz either. I'm only 5'9" though. I think taller riders probably wouldn't have the fit issues I did with it.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »

I have a 2014 Ultra Limited and have wondered how the Hammock seat would compare to my stock seat. I am pretty happy with my stock seat and simply wonder if the Hammock would be a upgrade?

mchirgwin

• 2010 cvo ultra #688
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 07:55:29 AM »

i had a mustang on my deluxe - currently corbin heated on my ultra - like he corbin better, at first i thought i would not to firm, but much more comfortable and i like the look better

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 02:53:40 PM »

Art, before you buy anything, come over and sit on my Corbin DualTour, and on my Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage. Both suit my bony little butt just fine. The Corbin sits me down a good inch or two lower than the Mustang, but both are "all day" seats for me! Corbin's take awhile to break in to each backside though.

May take you up on that ken. We'll have to get together soon and get in a ride before winter sets in.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 01:39:20 AM »

You can't get "The Ball & Chain" or myself off of The Corbin with a gun!!!

Once we put The Corbin on, we don't talk about seats anymore
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.