Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Engine temperature from one cylinder to the other  (Read 4201 times)

Steve48

Re: Engine temperature from one cylinder to the other
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

Jerry can't address the emissivity settings Will have to ask the technicians at work. As far as the color it's dark gray and yes the Hue same at each spot. PS thanks for the heads up on the parade comment. I did find EITMS in my owners manual and I have not disable it.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »

I am pretty sure that you have the idle temperature protection....  When your temperature goes too high, it stops the rear cylinder, transforming it into an air pump to cool the bike.

To disable this feature, you only have to push the throttle backward and maintain it for about 3 seconds...  Your cruise control lamp should blink red or green...   Don't remember which is activated....

BTW, or reader will give you lower indication than the inside temp....  So my guess is EITMS...

Dah
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:38:10 PM by dahsen »

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »

Jerry can't address the emissivity settings Will have to ask the technicians at work. As far as the color it's dark gray and yes the Hue same at each spot. PS thanks for the heads up on the parade comment. I did find EITMS in my owners manual and I have not disable it.

Oh.. Sorry... Just read that.  So, you have your answer!

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

The temperature is being taken right on top of the heads inch and a half left of the spark plug with a pretty sophisticated infrared gun trust me temperatures are accurate. The bike is completely 100% stock bought it five weeks ago 266 miles on it. So are you saying that with an approximate 70° difference I should call the the dealership and bounce this info off them?

I'm no expert, but if I was taking a temp reading  on the heads, I would think since the exhaust ports are opposite of each other ( the front head exhaust port is in the front and the rear port is in the back) that taking the temp reading on one head closer to the exhaust port than the other might make a difference.
              Just saying Jonnierock

Steve48

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

Hey just wanted to get back to all you folks that made comments on my concerns about the temperature difference in the cylinders. I called the head of the service department at the dealership and he said not to be concerned it is the EITMS doing it's thing. That's pretty much what all you guys were thinking. Again thank you. PS I'd also like to say that recently I lost my father and brother who were both veterans that served this country so to them and all you folks out there that have served and stood the watch thank you and happy Veterans Day.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: for EITMS

But as for your father and brother, I am very sorry for your loss...  They sure gave more than many people for the liberty that we take too easily for granted, we shall remember them.

Dah
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.