Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lost BSR?  (Read 3719 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Lost BSR?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »

I did lose a BSR once a very long time ago.  But it wasn't off the bike it was at a hotel and I sort of lost her intentionally. 

Turns out heading out on a long and undefined road trip with a chick you'd only met ten days or so before may not always be a good idea.  First day was good.  Next three may be the longest days I ever spent on a bike.  Did leave her money for a bus ticket home though.

That sounds pretty close to the lyrics of a Bob Seger song  :2vrolijk_21:

LOL! That was very thoughtful of you, Don... :drink:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »

LOL! That was very thoughtful of you, Don... :drink:

It probably seemed the right thing to do at the time Ken....  Sometimes even I have been chivalrous.  Man that was a long time ago.  30ish years...  Wish we could still find new friends willing to hop on for a long road trip on almost a moment's notice.  Youth may not have been smarter but it was a hell of a lot simpler.

I can't even remember for sure which of the many old rattle trap relics I was riding then.  Might very well have been a hardtail.  Gawd, I don't blame the girl for wanting off.....

Had to have been the bike though.  Couldn't have been me ::) .

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 12:09:52 PM »

I can't even imagine being on a hardtail for 3 days by myself much less with a BSR anymore. Probably falls back to the age/knowledge thing not the old/out of shape deal.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 12:15:32 PM »

I did lose a BSR once a very long time ago.  But it wasn't off the bike it was at a hotel and I sort of lost her intentionally. 

Turns out heading out on a long and undefined road trip with a chick you'd only met ten days or so before may not always be a good idea.  First day was good.  Next three may be the longest days I ever spent on a bike.  Did leave her money for a bus ticket home though.
twolane that not called losing a bsr it called ditching. bet the bus ride home was the highlight of the trip for her. a hardtail! :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »

I can't even imagine being on a hardtail for 3 days by myself much less with a BSR anymore. Probably falls back to the age/knowledge thing not the old/out of shape deal.

Have gone cross country and ridden for weeks on end on a hard tail.  Didn't know any better or just too dumb to care.  That was back when pissing blood at the end of a long day or two's ride probably seemed cool or tough.  Geez, I was even dumber then than I am now......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »

twolane that not called losing a bsr it called ditching. bet the bus ride home was the highlight of the trip for her. a hardtail! :'(

yeah.... but.....   

I can remember riding a Greyhound bus when I was a kid or in my early teens.  Am sure some part of it might have seemed exciting at the time.  But nothing about it really screams being any better than riding a hardtail alone.  Now the buses have bathrooms and wifi and (perhaps) even seats that aren't all spring and no padding.  Today would definitely be better than a hardtail.  Not much.... but better.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »

yeah.... but.....   

I can remember riding a Greyhound bus when I was a kid or in my early teens.  Am sure some part of it might have seemed exciting at the time.  But nothing about it really screams being any better than riding a hardtail alone.  Now the buses have bathrooms and wifi and (perhaps) even seats that aren't all spring and no padding.  Today would definitely be better than a hardtail.  Not much.... but better.
well she may have hopped on the next hardtail and used the bus money for another party. who knows!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »

well she may have hopped on the next hardtail and used the bus money for another party. who knows!!

If so than my sympathies to that rider (or ridee as the case may be) :huepfenlol2: .

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 01:50:57 PM »

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »

Have gone cross country and ridden for weeks on end on a hard tail.  Didn't know any better or just too dumb to care.  That was back when pissing blood at the end of a long day or two's ride probably seemed cool or tough.  Geez, I was even dumber then than I am now......

Lol I remember those days well too! Cool, tough, those bragging rights....lol. Thank God,  I lived long enough to grow up. Wait!!! Don't let my wife see that because she might debate the growing up part.

David
Most great stores start with a bad decision
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.